Thread: Next-Gen T-Mobile G2 in the Works

Next-Gen T-Mobile G2 in the Works

Mock-ups of a so-called T-Mobile G2 have already started appearing on the Internet, while the first Google Android Phone, the T-Mobile G1 is not even on sale until tomorrow.
    There's not doubt that Google is already working on an improved version of Android, and so are other major companies.

Setup: From the start, the G1 offers a different, more intuitive smart-phone experience. At boot-up, the phone displays a cartoon graphic of an android, with an animated finger pointing at the android and instructions to "touch the android to begin."
    The ensuing screens are clearly presented, and walk you through the speedy setup process. You'll need a Google account, the phone explains, for automatic syncing of your contacts, calendar, and e-mail with your Web-based Google data.

Design: The phone itself has a candybar design with a matte black finish and slightly rubberized plastic back. It's narrower than its chief rival, Apple's iPhone, but slightly thicker (the G1 measures 4.6 inches by 2.2 inches by 0.6 inch, and weighs 5.6 ounces). The 3.2-inch capacitive touch-screen display dominates the front face of the phone; the physical buttons on the phone are well chosen and clearly labeled.

Phone Use:The phone feels good in the hand, and it sounded great when I tested it. I received both 3G and EDGE network coverage in the San Francisco Bay Area; audio was clear, with no background noise or hiss.

Multimedia: The Amazon MP3 app is a useful alternative to iTunes, and music downloaded quickly and easily. I could queue up the DRM-free tracks for download, which occurred in the background as I did other things with the phone. Unfortunately, the selection is less extensive than the one on iTunes.

cool Gadget, with interesting functionality!!

Hi,

If you wanted to know more about Next-Gen T-Mobile G2 please go through the link provided, you will get full detail of the New launch product.

thanks