Thread: Which Netbook to buy in india under 25K ?

Which Netbook to buy in india under 25K ?

Hello everyone!
    The urge takes me to buy a Netbook .. I say first of all that I have a PC desktop in addition. So the Netbook is useful for me as for its mobility etc. ..
    My budget is Rs:25,000 maximum.

For the moment I looked to the more well known: the Asus !

What I will do:
    Internet Surfing
    Msn and company
    Open Office
    listen to music and watch some series from time to time - rarely-(via my external hard drive)
    View some photos may be ..
    'End you understand, purely office use, for games my desktop

For the operating system I have a serious penchant for Windows .

Thank you for allowing me to read and I tried to respond quickly

ASUS Eee PC 1000H (Windows XP) Rs. 27000 =
    The Eee PC 1000H features a Intel Atom chipset, 10-inch screen, 80GB hard drive space, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 1.3 megapixel webcam, Stereo speaker, Dolby Sound Room Certified, Digital Array Mic, WiFi 802.11n and weighs 1.45 kg.

MSI Wind U100
    the MSI Wind U100 netbook Rs 19,000=
    MSI Wind U100 is powered at 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, Windows XP Home Edition, GMA950 graphics set, 1GB of DDR2 RAM, a 120GB hard drive, 3-cell battery and a black or white motif. Also, the netbook is equipped with 1.3MP camera.

Acer Aspire One Rs. 20,000
    The Acer Aspire One is driven by the inexpensive Intel Atom 1.6-GHz processor, has a 120GB hard drive spinning at 5400 RPM, and 1GB of DDR2 SDRAM (expandable to 1.5GB), and has Microsoft Windows XP Home edition pre-installed (there's a different model that has a flavor of Linux operating system).

Lenovo Ideapad S10 Rs.25,000

Re: Which Netbook to buy in india under 25K ?

Can someone who actually has a netbook comment on its usability vis-a-vis regular size laptops ?

I have been considering buying a new laptop because my primary laptop has been giving me too much trouble - it spends more time at the HP repair center rather than at my desk (mainly due to the efficiency of the HP India Service people, I must add).
    Given the uncertain economic times, I am getting more inclined towards a netbook - since I do not want to spend 60K on a new fully loaded laptop. Plus a netbook offers ultra-portability - which my 17" HP definitely doesnt :-)

I have shortlisted the Ideapad S10 - it seems to a solid machine, and more importantly, because Lenovo has a bulletproof reliability image. After suffering miserably with HP (my current laptop is just 17 months old), reliability is my number one criterion. Which is why Asus and Acer lose out, even though Asus is offering its Eee PC cheaper I believe.
    My only concern is workability with Excel (and Word) in the 10.2 inch screen. The minimum I have worked with till now is 14", and even though places like Vijay Sales have netbooks on demo, they do no have MS Office installed on them, so that I can see if its usable. Net usage is another concern - though since I have been forced to depend on my mobile phone for internet access in the absence of my laptop, I think I can live with a small screen internet experience

If any of the members own netbooks, or have access to one, can you please throw some light on usability of Excel (MS Office) on them ? I am in the financial space, so I have some moderately heavy Excel work ..

Thanks in advance

idea Re: Which Netbook to buy in india under 25K ?

A desktop & a netbook is the best combo to have..for the netbook, you can check out the HP 210 Mini..it's an atom based netbook..so you won't have any probs regarding the processor..should cost you around 17-18k.