Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-10-2008

Windows Mobile 6.1 on Sprint’s Samsung ACE Mobile Phone

Sprint and Samsung announced key enhancements, including GPS to support Sprint Navigation, Windows Mobile 6.1 and the addition of Office Mobile 6.1 for the Samsung ACE. The new software?s downloading instructions are available at http://www.samsungmobileusa.com/i325/upgrade

Other than Windows Mobile 6.1 upgrade, the GPS will be enhanced to provide support applications such as Sprint Navigation. Sprint Navigation provides audio and visual turn-by-turn directions, more than 10 million local listings, and one-click traffic rerouting on compatible phones, similar to an in-vehicle GPS system.

?The software upgrades make the Samsung ACE more powerful and easy-to-use than ever before,? said Bill Ogle, Chief Marketing Officer for Samsung Mobile. ?Our customers want to be able to do business whether they are in or out of the office and the ACE?s new features make working while on-the-go even better.?

The Samsung ACE is available in Sprint for $99.99, with a two-year service agreement and a $100 mail-in-rebate.

Source: slashphone.com
Old 17-10-2008

The most important one is related to GPS: Samsung ACE is now GPS capable and supports Sprint Navigator.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,