IBM has released a way to get Lotus Notes e-mail on your iPhone that stops short of full support, but gets the job done.
Bring IBM Lotus Domino email, calendar, and contacts to your Apple iPhone today! Now available as IBM Lotus iNotes software provided in IBM Lotus Domino Web Access 8.0.2, Lotus Domino data combines with the flexibility and connectivity of the Apple iPhone. Built on the time tested Lotus Domino Web Access infrastructure, users can quickly access email, calendars, and contacts directly through the Apple iPhone Safari browser.
With IBM Lotus iNotes software, you can equip your employees with capabilities similar to those included in IBM Lotus Notes client software, but delivered through a Web browser. Employees can send encrypted rich text e-mail, schedule meetings, manage tasks and collaborate with colleagues - whether they are using their own workstations, Internet kiosks or PCs that belong to other users.
The newest mode of the Lotus iNotes mail client is the Ultralite mode. It is designed for use on a mobile device and is initially supported on the Apple iPhone or iPod touch. It provides limited mail and contacts capability, along with a day-at-a-glance calendar. Using the Ultralite mode, with one touch Lotus iNotes users can view their Inbox, Contacts, or Day-at-a-glance Calendar.
- Access email, calendars, and contacts
- Read email with details either hidden or shown
- View email attachments
- View details on meetings, all day events, reminders, and anniversaries
- View information on contacts and groups
- Quickly compose or reply to email
- View day-at-a-glance calendar
- View an organized view of your contacts
- Quickly create new contact entries