Thread: Laptop overheating problem

Laptop overheating problem

Hi,
    I have a Toshiba Satellite A55-S106 Laptop & it shuts down due to overheating.
    What should i do?

I personally use my MacBook Pro in a number of situations. I often sit it on top of a server cablnet without any kind of device under it and it works find (as you would expect) on such a flat surface. I also use it on my lap a lot without anything under it and that's fine too. When it's warmer outside or if I am in bed I will use the iLap. When I am using it with my 24" display or when it's sat in my really hot office all day I tend to sit it on a Griffin Elevator. This allows for better ventilation when working really hard, and also raises it for better ergonomics for extended use.

There is a product from targus (i think) that is a fan base for ur laptop, but if the vents are clogged, that won't help.

Which reminds me, make sure you don't have anything clogging the intake/output vents

You can also buy a cooling pad for your laptop, that should help. They're like $30-$40, search on google for one.

Yes, I know. Here's the thing - if it's overheating a lot, something is broken. If you don't get it fixed now, it will only get worse.
    Did you get it from a store? Like Best Buy? Talk to them, maybe they can do you a loaner or SOMETHING while yours is being serviced. Or use the machines at the public lab for a week - these things don't take forever you know. You gain NOTHING by putting it off, and stand to lose the entire laptop.
    My brother overheated his laptop recently, it was out of warranty. Lost a memory slot. Dell wanted HUNDREDS to fix it, and in the end it was simpler to just write off the memory slot and get a bigger stick of RAM for the other slot.
    It's like a car - If your car is overheating you don't "keep using it because I need it to get to school". You take it to the shop and hitch a ride for a few days.