Thread: HP goes wild with new mice and keyboards

HP goes wild with new mice and keyboards

Alongside a few new laptops, a new desktop and a pair of digiframes, HP is also unveiling a whole host of input peripherals this evening. Up first is the HDX Laser Mouse, which features five programmable buttons, on-the-fly DPI switching up to 2,400, five individual setting profiles and USB 2.0 connectivity. Next up is the Wireless Comfort Desktop, which includes a spill-resistant Wireless Comfort Keyboard, a Wireless Vector Mouse (800 DPI), a USB wireless receiver and four AA batteries (imagine that!). Last, we've got the Laser Gaming Mouse with VoodooDNA, which cranks the DPI up to 3,200 and includes VoodooDNA GUI software. As for pricing, you're looking at $39.99, $79.99 and $59.99 in order of mention.

HP hdx laser mouse

HP laser gaming mouse with voodoodna

HP wireless optical mobile mouse

HP wireless vector mouse

HP Gaming Mice Have 5 Programmable Profiles, 5 Macro Buttons

HP Gaming Mice Have 5 Programmable Profiles, 5 Macro Buttons

Plug and Play Performance
    • Customize your mouse for an effortless gaming experience personalized to the way you play

Features & Benefits:

• Keep up to 5 mouse setting profiles
    • Five programmable buttons to store macros
    • 8x faster than conventional mice. Delivers blazing speed and instant acceleration
    • Polytetrafluoroethylene Gaming Feet. Large, frictionless feet for effortless smooth glide
    • High resolution engine churns images at an astounding 6.4Mpixels/sec. Large sensor array and precision laser technology allow the HDX Laser Mouse to deliver best-in-class performance and tracking
    • Gaming laser mouse with four on the fly selectable DPIs
    • DPI=400/800/1600/2400 *
    • 4 multi-color DPI settings
    • Up to 35 inches/second **
    • Up to 8G
    • Up to 500 reports/second
    • Full speed USB 2.0
    • 5 programmable buttons
    • 5 individual setting profiles
    • 4 large Teflong feet, 3D racing rubber tire pattern scroll wheel

System Requirements:
    • Genuine Windows Vista® or Genuine Windows® XP

Warranty and Support:
    • One-year, worldwide parts-and-labor limited warranty
    • 24x7 HP technical phone support during warranty period

What's in the Box:
    • Laser mouse
    • Documentation
    • Software Driver
    • 1 year limited warranty

Additional Information:

Questions about the HP HDX Laser Mouse?
    Look us up online at www.hp.com

The HDX Laser Mouse gives you five mouse setting profiles, five programmable macro buttons, and is allegedly eight times faster than conventional mice. The slightly more advanced Laser Gaming Mouse with Voodoo DNA gives you everything the regular laser mouse has, plus HP's VoodooDNA GUI software for even speedier mousing. The company also released pictures of its wireless Vector Mouse, but no details as of yet. The regular Laser Mouse will set you back $40, while the Voodoo DNA version is $60

The Vector mouse features a sort of right-handed curve in its design, which I trust is reasonably comfortable. I question the wisdom of having two tiny, indistinguishable buttons right next to each other there, but maybe it’ll work out. Anyway, if you don’t like it, you can always replace it with their more generic Wireless Optical Mobile mouse, a smaller, more traditional affair. Price is $80 for the set, no word on the Mobile; I’d guess around 40 smackers.

Who knew HP had the chops to put together something like these? I think maybe they had a little help from Mom and Dad. Actually, they had help from Voodoo, at least with that funky-looking gaming mouse. There isn’t a lot of info but I’m thinking it has much the same specs as the HDX: variable DPI from 400-2400, up to 500Hz polling rate, several profile settings, and a nice smooth laser-based sensor. The HDX however looks ambidextrous while the gaming mouse is right-handed. We’ll see, those are the only pictures I could get. The plain ol’ HDX costs $40 and the sexy gaming one costs $60.

Re: HP goes wild with new mice and keyboards

Hey, just a small thing I've really been curious about...

I recently purchased the HP wireless vector mouse and the blue LED that is in the mouse wheel only turns on for about 3 seconds before fading away when I turn the mouse on and off. I'm pretty sure sure the LED is supposed to remain on and how to I get it to remain on... Anyone input would be greatly appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu View Post
    Hey, just a small thing I've really been curious about...

I recently purchased the HP wireless vector mouse and the blue LED that is in the mouse wheel only turns on for about 3 seconds before fading away when I turn the mouse on and off. I'm pretty sure sure the LED is supposed to remain on and how to I get it to remain on... Anyone input would be greatly appreciated!!
    Well, if you are moving your mouse or working with it then the led will remain on continously but if the mouse is ideally kept then within some time it is sure to be the led for going off.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    Well, if you are moving your mouse or working with it then the led will remain on continously but if the mouse is ideally kept then within some time it is sure to be the led for going off.
    I think I have a bugged LED then, cause it stay's off even when I'm moving it around.