Thread: Lenovo external hard drive responds to touch

Lenovo external hard drive responds to touch

Lenovo doesn't just make computers, as in their free time, engineers will come up with concepts such as this external hard drive. It boasts finger-touch access and an external display, where the drive's surface also doubles up as some sort of fingerprint reader.

The concept external hard drive features a finger-touch access button, much like a biometric reader, and an external display. Once you touch the button, the display will show the remaining storage space in the form of simple digits.

It's unclear how this works but I would assume that the drive must have a battery of its own that recharges when the hard drive is plugged in.While this seems rather unnecessary feature to some, it's actually very nice to know how much space left on the media. Personally, I've run into many cases where I ended up having to re-copy a huge amount of data just because the free space ran out before the copying process was done.

The display will show you just how much more space is left available, and with biometric security, you won't need to remember more passwords, but that would also mean being more careful when it comes to using that electric saw the next time around.