Thread: New Dell Keyboard and Mouse Are Destined

New Dell Keyboard and Mouse Are Destined

Jason from Techware Labs seems to have gotten himself some private time with a new Dell keyboard and mouse.

A new Dell mouse seems to be a shot across the bow for Logitech. The text around the sensor reads "LaserStream Technology" which is a trademark used by Agilent Technologies, a company that sold laser technology to Logitech. The sensor appears identical to the one on the Logitech G-series (G3, G5, G7) which is a second-generation laser sensor maxing out at 2000 DPI or so.

This seems to be a direct potshot at the G3, having a similar shape; the Dell is arguably better for having an LED sensitivity indicator. I know the G5 has one, but the G5 is not ambidextrous. This looks like the best courtesy mouse I've ever actually seen, and I can see this raising the bar for OEMs regarding input peripherals.

The keyboard was of the short-throw type, with well-integrated media keys and volume wheel. It wasn't the world's best, but it was generally pleasant to type on. I know some of you hate short-throw keys on principle, but the rest of you should consider taking a look at these things - I expect them to be really good bang for the buck.

Dell mouse, featuring a sensor that reads "LaserStream Technology". Just in case that sounds a wee bit familiar to those who are more well-versed with the hardware world.The very same company that disposed off its laser technology to Swiss company Logitech. This sensor looks pretty much the same as those found in the Logitech G-series, so that would mean a maxed out DPI of 2,000.