Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ), a division of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. responsible for business operations in Japan, today announced that it would release Bluetooth® installed Wireless Headset for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3®) on October 30th, 2008, in Japan at a recommended retail price of 5,000 yen (including tax). With this new Wireless Headset, users will be able to enjoy the most immersive on-line communication on new software titles supporting on-line chat feature, such as SOCOM: CONFRONTATION*1 available on October 30th, Resistance™ 2 available on November 13th, and MotorStorm™: Pacific Rift available this autumn, all from Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios.
Offering simple operation and accessible voice chat on PS3, this sleek and compact Wireless Headset is an ear hook type headset, designed to fit either ear. Installed with Bluetooth, it pairs automatically with PS3 by simply using the bundled USB cable. The inner ear phone speaker of the new Headset along with the noise cancelling feature when in High Quality mode delivers stable, superior sound.
Additionally, the bundled cradle can be used to charge the battery which will allow maximum of eight hours of voice chat when fully charged. While the Headset is connected to PS3, it will support on-screen indicator showing the headset connection status, battery charge level, speaker volume level and microphone mute status at a push of a button.
SCEJ will continue to further expand the PS3 platform to create a new world of computer entertainment with enhanced line-up of PS3 platform and accessories, along with up coming exciting new titles.
1 SOCOM: CONFRONTATION will be available in three versions: Blu-Ray Disc version (3,800 yen including tax), Blu-Ray Disc version bundled with Wireless Headset (limited edition for 8,000yen including tax), and PLAYSTATION®Store Downloadable version (3,500 yen including tax). This product is on-line action game and users will need broadband network connection in order to enjoy the game.
- Users will need to install the latest system software update to use the Wireless Headset.
- Product name Wireless Headset
- Product code CEJH-15002
- Release date October 30, 2008
- Recommended retail price 5,000 yen (including tax)
- Included Wireless Headset x 1
- Cradle x 1
- USB cable x 1
- Extra earpiece ring x 1
- Battery DC 3.7V : built in Lithium-ion battery
- Capacity 190mAh
- Operating temperature 5℃ - 35℃
- Weight Approx. 19.5g
- Bluetooth specifications Bluetooth ver2.1+EDR
- Supported Bluetooth profiles*1 HSP (Headset Profile)/ HFP (Hands-free Profile)
- Operating range Up to approx. 10 meters*2
- Talk time Up to approx. 8 hours*3
- Standby time Approx. 300 hours*3
- Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- 1 Bluetooth profiles are used to define possible application that the device can use to communicate with other devices.
- 2 Operating range may change depending on user environment.
- 3 Talk time and Standby time may change depending on user environment and or charge level.
About Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Recognized as the global leader and company responsible for the progression of consumer-based computer entertainment, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) manufacturers, distributes and markets the PlayStation® game console, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system and the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3®) system. PlayStation has revolutionized home entertainment by introducing advanced 3D graphic processing, and PlayStation 2 further enhances the PlayStation legacy as the core of home networked entertainment. PSP is a new handheld entertainment system that allows users to enjoy 3D games, with high-quality full-motion video, and high-fidelity stereo audio. PS3 is an advanced computer system, incorporating the state-of-the-art Cell processor with super computer like power. SCEI, along with its subsidiary divisions Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd., and Sony Computer Entertainment Korea Inc. develops, publishes, markets and distributes software, and manages the third party licensing programs for these platforms in the respective markets worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. is an independent business unit of the Sony Group.