Thread: Photoshop Mobile with 5GB free storage .

Photoshop Mobile with 5GB free storage .

Photoshop Mobile coming to a cellphone near you with 5GB free storage, no photo editing options

If you’re gonna call something a gun, you better make sure it can blow the bejezus out of my skull when you point and shoot it at me. Likewise, when a new mobile service’s name sounds a lot like a famous desktop photo editing tool’s, I’d expect it to at least let me get the brightness settings on my photos straight.

But whatever. We’re hearing that Adobe is all set on launching a new mobile service, which they have proudly dubbed Photoshop Mobile, and surprisingly doesn’t feature mobile photo editing as one of its key assets.

We're not sure if this application should even be named Photoshop.com. There's hasn't been any hints, aside from the name, that users will be able to edit their photos from their mobile phone. Instead, this will serve more so as a storage center for your photos. Users can upload photos to their account with 5GB of storage. Photoshop Plus members will receive 20GB of storage space. You can share these photos will family and friends, though no word on how yet.

Currently, you’ll be able to browse Photoshop.com freely on any of the following smartphones: Motorola Q9m/h, Samsung Blackjack I/II, and Palm Treo 750w/700w/wx. Support for more handsets including the iPhone, BlackBerry Pearl, Motorola Razr (how’d that get in there?), and a couple of mid-end Nokia phones will come on September, as well as a freely downloadable client for the service to be installed on the handsets themselves.

As usual you’ll be able to use Shozu for uploading your stuff to Photoshop Mobile, if that’s what you prefer, but other than that and what’s mentioned above, we’re still a little scarce for details about this new mobile service. Guess we’ll all just have to wait until it launches, then.

The emphasis on the site's title made us think there would at least be an editing option or two. However, we're hoping to see such features in future updates of the application. Until then, stay tuned for more news on Photoshop.com's mobile launch.