Thread: How to update firmware for Nokia C7

How to update firmware for Nokia C7

Hello guys, I have bought Nokia C7 last month. Everything is fine with this phone all the tools and latest application are running properly but there is problem while updating the firmware of this handset. While surfing on net I found out that, Nokia released the new firmware version 12.003 v1.06 but I am not able to update it when I tried on OTA and OVI, they displaying a message that “12.003 is already installed on the handset”. Can you guys please help me out what I have to do upgrade my firmware version, if I reload OVI, will it work ?

Re: How to update firmware for Nokia C7

Hey man even I am having the same issue with my C7, I am using this handset from last 3-4months and did not any bug or error. I am able to update and upgrade all the application but when I tried to upgrade the firmware it shown the same message “version 12.003 is already installed on your phone.” anybody knows, what is the difference between previous and latest version of this firmware? So, that at least we will be sure that there is something wrong in our handset or the update version quite same?

Guys I think you have visited same site and which have given a wrong news about the Nokia C7 firmware update. I have the same handset but I haven’t found out that there is any update for Nokia C7 firmware. I have no idea where you guys have found out the new firmware version 12.003 v1.06. As far as I know there is only one release yet 12.003. you can check by calling this code in your phone *#0000#, It will let you know that you are at the top release and on C7 it will display PR1.0.

Guys first of all Nokia hardly release update notes. And maybe you guys are right that it showing the latest version but for Nokia application it varies according to the region and product code. I was just checking out the firmware update version after reading this thread and there are couple of versions are released already, If you guys want to check out then just type Nokia C7-00 rm-675 1.06 on Google and it will display the updated firmware.

Dude base firmware for Nokia handset is 12.003, if you call *#0000# then it will show 12.003 with some others number following it but those are for the regions- Country/language/ operator versions. As you have suggested to search for the “Nokia C7-00 rm-675 1.06” on Google and the given results are for the Windows package which are used to install the application on the PC before programming to a handset. I don’t think there is any release it.

Dude base firmware for Nokia handset is 12.003, if you call *#0000# then it will show 12.003 with some others number following it but those are for the regions- Country/language/ operator versions. As you have suggested to search for the “Nokia C7-00 rm-675 1.06” on Google and the given results are for the Windows package which are used to install the application on the PC before programming to a handset. I don’t think there is any release it.

Guy’s I want to thank all of you for your suggestions and to guide what I have to do to update my firmware. I was bit worried because I was thinking there is something wrong in my handset only. If you guys didn’t reverted I would visited the Nokia service center for help. I had posted same topic on other sites too, but no other site is so responsive as compared to this one. I guess latest version is not released in my country so I have to wait for some time, thanks guys for your help.