Thread: Apple iPhone launch in India last night !

Apple iPhone launch in India last night !

Last night in india (New Delhi/Gurgaon) iphone released the launch was such big few news channel were there some few crowd was there . it was launch in night there were no craze for iphone as it was in us, uk and other countries

It was launched across India by telecom majors Bharti Airtel and Vodafone.

a girl name Swati, a college student, was the first one to pick up an iPhone at Gurgaon's Sahara Mall. Swati was waiting at the Sahara Mall from 7 pm. The phone was handed over to her by Sanjay Kapoor, president of Bharti Mobile Services.

Rudra Khurana, 14, a student of Modern School, was one of the buyers of the iPhone 3G. He went for the expensive version at Rs 36,000. I'm excited because I have got an Apple iPhone. I am not bothered about the price. Good things come at a price," Malik told IANS.

More than 30,000 iphone's (2G) are running on the airtel network alone. India till now has been the third largest unofficial market for iPhone after Russia and China.

Ironically, China where the phone is manufactured, still does not feature in Apple's roadmap for retailing the iPhone.

Re :Apple iPhone launch in India last night !

I just bought an Nokia e90 so in exchange would I be able to get this iPhone. Also why is it so costly here in India?

The phones are being given on first come first serve basis. Vodafone was selling its phones at 11 stores across Delhi, while Bharti was selling it only at the Shahara Mall. The Vodafone outlet in Delhi's COnnaught Place had five people, including a school boy, waiting to pick up the latest gadget.

lucky Boy

Apple iPhone launched in India finally!
    Where in mumbai the phone is available?

The phone were sold at Hyderabad and Bangalore besides the four metropolitan cities and will be later introduced in 65 cities.

The iPhone are priced at Rs 31,000 for 8 GB and Rs 36,100 for 16 GB of memory space.

Airtel has received 200,000 pre-bookings for the phone since the process had started about two months back, said Airtel president (mobility) Sanjay Kapoor.

The phone comes locked to the service provider, which means a user cannot switch his or her operator while using an iPhone.

However, the availability of a number of software in the market for hacking the iPhone does not go unnoticed by the telecom operator.

"We are aware of the hacking software that are available and are used to unlock the iPhone, but the customers who will stay with Airtel will be able to enjoy iPhone's full benefits including the data plans," Kapoor said.

Currently, there are more than 30,000 iPhone users in India using the second generation of iPhones (2G), available in the grey market in India, Kapoor added.

The phone, which won Time magazine's coveted 'Invention of the Year 2007' honour, and marked the Cupertino-based computer giant's foray into the mobile phone arena, debuted in June last year.

Although Apple had then stated that India would get the phone by November 2007, it wasn't until this May that Bharti and Vodafone made public the upcoming launch of the phone.

According to a recent survey, more than 150,000 iPhones (2G) are already being used in the country, which have either been imported by enthusiasts or bought in the grey market.

Re : Apple iPhone launch in India last night !

Quote Originally Posted by SANDESH49 View Post
    Apple iPhone launched in India finally!
    Where in mumbai the phone is available?
    you can find iphone in Vodafone gallery near you in mumbai,i think it is also avaible in the chorbazare
    try searching town side ? you will get some thing there
    Video Games & Portable Devices for latest games and New gadget .

Re : Apple iPhone launch in India last night !

i think it is also avaible in the chorbazare
    i got my ps3 from there for just 15000

I have placed my order in the Vodafone gallery, and it will be soon in my hands i just cant wait to get it .