Thread: Cannot Install New Driver's for Canon MP160

smile Cannot Install New Driver's for Canon MP160

Hello All! I have Printer Hassles it's a Canon MP160 Multi and it stopped working (wont Print Or Scan) 2 Days ago saying "Printer Cable is Disconnected"
    I checked them and they appear Ok! So I went to the Canon MP160 Help blurb and they suggested that the printer drivers may be obsolete so I uninstalled the old Printer Drivers as Instructed then downloaded the new and tried to print' alas no go" it says "send to One Page" Then the doc appeared in "One Page" so I tried to Print it from there and this came up.

"Printer not Activated Error 41"

Went thru all the stuff and all I can find in >Control >Printer&Faxes is 3 Icons to Be activated a "Send to OnePage" Icon highlighted and ticked, the Bvpr Fax Icon and a PDT Icon, there is no Icon for the Canon MP 160 Printer?
    So I cannot get the printer to work (Its not very old) nor can I click on it and "install it again"

I have new "Printer Drivers" Downloaded but not working and I get a
    "Printer not Activated Error 41" when I try and print can someone help please I have the original Del 904 all in one Printe Disc but not the Canon Disc Thanks to anyone who can help Dasha

The error code is defined as -
    Error Code -41: The activation code that is used is for a lower version number. (e.g. a 2.1 activation code used with version 2.5)

Canon Printer

Thanks Macarenas, What should I do? Uninstall the Drivers First I guess but then the problem is where do I go the get the correct Version of the Driver's obviously the Site I was directed to before was not the correct site to supply the Latest Version I will still need some help anyway thank's very much for your Advice Macarenas Cheers Dasha

I think canon's official website will give exact solution for their printer related to any such problems.

Ok Thanks I will give it a go but it's confusing I Googled twice for "Canon" and this is where I downloaded the drivers from?? Their site is a bit obscure to say the least" all these other "Download Driver" sites come up as well and you think you are downloading from the Canon site' until they try and stitch you for money! A big thanks to you Macarena I will come back and let you know how I went, Cheers Mate Dasha

Thats what the problem I faced Dasha. I went to the canon site for finding some solution but found it a bit complicated and not user-friendly. Then I looked for error 41 solution and reached a site which had the title 'Solution for Error code 41 for Canon printers.' (something like that). Inside the site, it only contained a youtube video. I clicked the play button with curiosity, and suddenly an Antispy program got downloaded on PC. And before I could understand whats happening and could react, it installed that program on its own within few seconds! Not to mention that it is surely some kind of S**T.

I removed everything with Symantec and by searching. Even did system restore. But this bloody thing is sticky. After every 1/2 n hour, it asks me to download Antispy stating that my system is at risk . Now I am searching for that bloody s**t site to bang them up but to my surprise, it is not shown anywhere in search results now

This was just to alert you that if you ever come across any such site, never click anything in that, just close it. I dont remember its name exactly but was something like 'abcways' in its address . Be careful.

I regret that I couldn't help you much

Macarena

Quote Originally Posted by Macarenas View Post
    Thats what the problem I faced Dasha. I went to the canon site for finding some solution but found it a bit complicated and not user-friendly. Then I looked for error 41 solution and reached a site which had the title 'Solution for Error code 41 for Canon printers.' (something like that). Inside the site, it only contained a youtube video. I clicked the play button with curiosity, and suddenly an Antispy program got downloaded on PC. And before I could understand whats happening and could react, it installed that program on its own within few seconds! Not to mention that it is surely some kind of S**T.

I removed everything with Symantec and by searching. Even did system restore. But this bloody thing is sticky. After every 1/2 n hour, it asks me to download Antispy stating that my system is at risk . Now I am searching for that bloody s**t site to bang them up but to my surprise, it is not shown anywhere in search results now

This was just to alert you that if you ever come across any such site, never click anything in that, just close it. I dont remember its name exactly but was something like 'abcways' in its address . Be careful.

I regret that I couldn't help you much
    Have no regrets Mate? You certainly took the time and effort to help and what you passed on to me was proberly the correct Info! It's just that my problem is bigger than just a "Driver issue" proberly a new Printer (won't be a Canon) which I cannot afford! I will try another Forum first and see how I go and I will come back and let you know how I got on. I have given up on the bloody printer driver downloads thing" nothing I download (5 times) is Recognised by the Computer eg "No Printer installed" I feel that If I still had the Canon Disc I could at least find out if my printer is Bodgy but thats my fault for losing it!

That sounds like some elaborate Scam hope you can fix it eventually and thanks for the Heads-up

thank you again Macarena Cheer's Dasha