View Poll Results: Which is ur service provider?

Voters
179. This poll is closed
  • Airtel

94 52.51%
  • Bsnl

85 47.49%

Thread: Bsnl or Airtel

Bsnl or Airtel

Friends Currently I have Rs.999 Airtel Home PLan (256 Kbps Speed).The Average Downloading Speed comes out to be between 18-20 Kbps and uploading Speed is about 12-15 Kbps.Now Bsnl has launched 256 Kbps unlimited plan for Rs.900 per month.Should I stick With AIRTEL or I should go for BSNL.PLz Do reply.

Re: Bsnl or Airtel

airtel is better than bsnl
    airtel have no problems and their service is very good, they always ready to help you
    but in my city bsnl is very bad services they even don't solve any problems

i think we have to use telephone in a bsnl interet connection
    Computer:

Windows XP Professional
    Asus A8N-VM Socket 939 Motherboard with NForce 410
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.45ghz-Venice Core
    2x1024MB PC3200 Kingston Ram in Dual Channel
    ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB GDDR3,16 Pipelines overclocked to 442mhz/1080mhz
    Enermax 420W "Silent" Powersupply

BSNL DataOne is an ADSL Service, You'll first need a BSNL Bfone (Basic Phone) To use it. Secondly, It's ADSL, ADSL Stands for Assemetric Digital Subscriber Line, There's a Catch in ADSL that most people don't know, unlike DSL, ADSL has a very low upload speed, the current standard available in India (and being offered by BSNL and MTNL) Uses ADSL1, which can Download at a maximum speed of 8Mbps (800kBps) and Upload at 1Mbps (128kBps) I use a DataOne 256k Home 900 Plan which is uncapped, when downloading from websites (HTTP) the Download speeds are ALWAYS above 28kBps which is way it should be considering the 32kBps DL Speed of 256k lines, on Torrents the Upload speed varies from 4.8kBps to 7.5kBps. also, the Connection is hardly ever down (Touch Wood!) i suggest you dump Airtel and get BSNL DataOne, you're already not getting full speeds 18-19kBps for a 256k is pathetic, then again so is airtel!

GunshotSilence Guest

thats why it takes helluva time ti upload files thru ftp to mysite

my bsnl 700 business plan with 2gb often goes down after 2-3 hrs of use.

otherwise good dl speed.

and in rains, forget downloading. gotta complain or dump bsnl

but cant go for airtel either as phone is bsnl of dad's bank

can anyone help me? i connect the asl modem to a pci-usb 2.0 card

is it due to opera cache? or something?

Actually, Nowadays, i am expirencing the problems too, putting the Upload speeds aside, the download speeds are bit down than usual, my gues (which i wish wasn't true) has come true, BSNL is getting greedy and have gotten more subscribers than they can handle, sure they have Optical Carrier line running at 2Gbps (200MBps) but still, With 1Mbps lines becoming common, the Download speeds are going down, I fear BSNL may screw up like Sify, and good bye stable connection...... they need to upgrade their infrastructure FAST!

Dear Friends,
    there is a misunderstanding in this speed i think...
    bsnl offers a speed of 256kbps in its broadband ie. 256 kilo bits per second..
    if you are getting 30kBps you are getting 240kbps... ie. almost 95% of the declared speed... and one of the main problem while browsing is we have to consider the bandwidth of the server we are hitting. if we are browsing a very busy server, there we may not get the declared speed of 256kbps.. ie is depending on the time we are browsing ie not the fault of service provider.. and we know that common man want only downloading and a little uploading considering that ADSL is better... if you want to upload more you can opt Internet leased line service offered by BSNL...
    Quote Originally Posted by raj14
    BSNL DataOne is an ADSL Service, You'll first need a BSNL Bfone (Basic Phone) To use it. Secondly, It's ADSL, ADSL Stands for Assemetric Digital Subscriber Line, There's a Catch in ADSL that most people don't know, unlike DSL, ADSL has a very low upload speed, the current standard available in India (and being offered by BSNL and MTNL) Uses ADSL1, which can Download at a maximum speed of 8Mbps (800kBps) and Upload at 1Mbps (128kBps) I use a DataOne 256k Home 900 Plan which is uncapped, when downloading from websites (HTTP) the Download speeds are ALWAYS above 28kBps which is way it should be considering the 32kBps DL Speed of 256k lines, on Torrents the Upload speed varies from 4.8kBps to 7.5kBps. also, the Connection is hardly ever down (Touch Wood!) i suggest you dump Airtel and get BSNL DataOne, you're already not getting full speeds 18-19kBps for a 256k is pathetic, then again so is airtel!

In my view BSNL is the best.
    Because i use airtel , and the service of airtel is good but they are many many time more more balance deducted on user's account.

I am using BSNL broadband, I vote for BSNL to me service is pretty good...

I use Airtel in my office and bsnl at home.. both have 256 kbps
    been using both for a year now, never had a problem with Airtel service or speed I get a D/L 30KB..
    Only problem with bsnl is that it is down atleast 02 times a week (I do not have Airtel connection near my house.

vitrag24 Guest
    best is 500/month 2.5gb/month [or 5000/year] and 2mbps speed.unlimited during 2am to 8am
    check details at www.bsnl.co.in

i have bsnl 900plus and it is very good
    i get downloading speed of above 30kbps

In India BSNL is Best because they are providing good services. Airtel Network is not good while roaming in India as compare to BSNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    In India BSNL is Best because they are providing good services. Airtel Network is not good while roaming in India as compare to BSNL.
    I feel BSNL is best!

Hi eveyone,

I am using Airtel from past 2 years and I didn't had any problem with it. Only customer service is not proper. I have used BSNL, its network not that good.

Bsnl network is cheapest !!!