Sponsored Links

Compact gaming keyboard vs full size

Polls & Voting

Poll: Best Keyboard for gaming
Poll Options
Best Keyboard for gaming

Old 16-12-2013

Compact gaming keyboard vs full size

There are two type of gaming keyboards in the market. The first one is compact. They just came with essential keys and designed for gaming only. They are the costliest one. Like Logitech G13. And second one is full size keyboard that comes with lcd screen. I want to know among this two which one will be better. I had seen both the models looks amazing. Which one is best for playing shooting games in tournament. The one that can be fast and accurate.

Old 17-12-2013

Re: Compact gaming keyboard vs full size

For compact like Logitech G13 you will have to first get use to the same. Or else it will be confusing for you to work on it. They are amazing because you dont have to run your finger all over the keyboard. They are more faster and better compare to full size one.
Old 18-12-2013

I like Razer Arctosa. There is huge difference between a full size and compact keyboard. In full size you have lots of keys to manage. You also get a set of programmable keys through which you can hit fast and nicely. Our hand is mostly used to full size keyboard. It is not limited to compact. For gamers this would be choice but for beginners I wont recommend to go with compact one. Razer Arctosa comes for Rs.4900. This is a fast performance keyboard that offer you macro capability. It also has a write rest so that you can relax your hand on the same. It offers you 1000 Hz ultra-polling. Unlike all other gaming keyboard this one also has a programmable keys. It has set of media keys that are accessible to all and has a dedicated gaming mode option. Just checkout the keyboard on YouTube. You will get more general idea about the same.
Old 19-12-2013

Compact are only restricted to gaming. You cannot do much in that. But if you need something better then go with full size. Go for metallic. They are more accurate and offer less pressure on hands. There are ample of them available from CMStorm.
Old 20-12-2013

I will also recommend to go with metallic full size keyboard. The reason lies with big size support with all smart keys and extra programmable keys on the left. We are use to the full size keyboard more compare to portable. It will take long time for you to adjust yourself on the portable keyboard platform. It is not going to work fine and will give you a big tough time for using it. Checkout Corsair Vengeance K60. This is one of the best keyboard that offer you big layout and complete control over gaming. This keyboard has big keys on it. You can press it hard and play games instantly. You can also program the keys as per your need. You can go on YouTube and checkout a short video review of the same. The design is what matters the most.
Old 21-12-2013

Compact are amazing. You can keep a full size keyboard for your day to day usage separately. There are many cheaper one available. But for gaming go with compact. you have to practice a bit in using the same.
Old 23-12-2013

If you see the list of top gaming keyboards in the market then you will be able to find almost all are full size keyboard. This is our habit. Adjusting yourself on portable will be ab it time consuming but after that you wont be able to play on other keyboard. On full size keyboard we have more options. We have higher programmable keys and large space to move our hands instantly. Almost all kind of gaming keyboard comes with programmable keys. There are huge set through which you can adjust that settings you want on the same. You can then hit them instantly to change weapons or do various stuff.
Old 25-12-2013

I will also stick with the full size keyboard due to big size and more additional keys on the same. I have one from CMStorm which I am using for fps gaming. It is a mechanical keyboard and works really nice.

TechArena Community > Technology > Polls & Voting
Tags: ,