Poll: Which is the best email service among these?

Thread: Outlook.com vs. Gmail vs. Yahoo Mail

Outlook.com vs. Gmail vs. Yahoo Mail

I have accounts on three of the famous email services, which are Outlook.com, Gmail and Yahoo mail. I have used every of them and I think that Outlook.com is the best email service available and it is much better than Gmail and Yahoo. I know everybody will have their own opinions, but according to me Outlook.com is the best. What do other people think about it?

Re: Outlook.com vs. Gmail vs. Yahoo Mail

I have been using Gmail for a long time and I think that it is the best online mailing service. It is simple to use without any hassle and provides best service. By default, Gmail doesn’t come with any fancy graphics or so, and also has a simple interface. It opens even in the slowest internet properly. I think one should use Gmail if he/she wants to send or receive emails quickly. It also has a simpler low bandwidth version that can be used if you don’t have a high speed internet. I think that Yahoo and Outlook.com miss this advantage because of their highly graphical interface.

Yahoo mail is great for using as it provides a good service. But some things that make it difficult to use is the placement of options that it has. Also like Gmail, it doesn’t open directly into the inbox. It will open a page full of advertisements and then we have to manually select the inbox to view the emails and other stuff. I think this is what irritates me most. Another thing that irritates me is that while creation, it gives us option to select various domain names, for example, yahoo.com, yahoo.in, yahoo.co.in and so on. This creates a lot of confusion. Couldn’t the developers have kept it straight and simple, yahoo.com, similar to Gmail.com.

I think Outlook.com is the coolest mailing service online. I mean the looks are so modern and cool. It provides the same feature as that of Gmail and Yahoo, but still it seems beautiful when I take a look at it. The interface is just awesome and I don’t think that Gmail or Yahoo mail can provide similar awesomeness to their mailing services. Also as it comes from Microsoft, it can be integrated with Microsoft Outlook easily. Also Gmail is good for quick use, but I find it too simple to use. If anybody who doesn’t know how to use email and all, Gmail is best for them, easy to learn and use.

I find Outlook.com just a fancy eye candy. Maybe it is good in sending and receiving emails. But the amount of beautification that is used on it is just more than needed. It makes it so heavy that even on internet connection of speed of 512 kbps; it takes time to completely load the page. As compared to this Gmail loads faster on an internet connection of speed 256 kbps. I think this is what makes Gmail superior than Otlook.com and Yahoo mail. Also accessing Gmail is very easy. As we know that Google is set as homepage on majority of computers. You find a tab for Gmail just on top of it which you can use to get a quick access in your inbox.

When writing an email, I find Gmail more easy than Yahoo mail. I mean the options for formatting are included along with the text box. Unlike this, in Yahoo mail, we have to change tabs for various purposes, attachments, formatting and so on. On slower internet connection, switching these tabs in Yahoo mail takes time. Also in Yahoo mail, some options like indention are difficult to use. Also finding the yahoo mail on the home page of Yahoo is difficult as the whole page is filled with pictures and advertisements. The first time when I accessed Yahoo to create an email account, it took me time to notice the buttons for email services. As compared to this Gmail is much easier to use.

I love the plain looks of Gmail. It is awesome and light. I click on inbox and within a second it is loaded, I want to check outbox and in second it is loaded. There are no silly ads, no fancy decoration that will make it overloaded. Also the security provided by Gmail is much higher than that provided by Yahoo mail. For professional use, I think that Gmail is the best emailing service available. Yahoo mail is also good, but it is not good enough to be used as primary service. Also having a Gmail account gives us proper access to the features that are supported by Google, this is why I love Gmail.

I think that Outlook.com is a pretty good service and it can easily out do Yahoo mail anytime. The best feature about it is that it can be connected to LinkdIn and many other services directly. This will help us get updates and mails directly. I think this is the feature that Gmail is missing. The only thing that Outlook.com is missing is that of social networking sites. I mean if it was possible for us to connect it to Facebook, Twitter or Myspace, then it would be really cool and awesome. But if you see any business man type of person using email service, then it will obviously be Outlook.com