Poll: iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Thread: iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 2

iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I am planning to buy a new smartphone for myself and I am stuck between which smartphone to buy, iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I don’t have much idea about these smartphones and I need help choosing best smartphone among these two. I am not much into electronics and I don’t know much about the specifications of the smartphone. Can someone help me choose best smartphone among these two?

Re: iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I’d like to point out the first main difference among these two smartphones. iPhone is a smartphone while Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is a tablet kind of device. The size of these devices is the main thing that makes them different from each other. The Galaxy Note 2 is almost double in size as compared to iPhone 5. I think if you need a smartphone for more professional use, then I suggest you to go along with iPhone 5. This phone is more useful than Samsung Galaxy Note 2. One main reason I can say is the portability. Whenever you receive a call, it is better to have a smaller handset on your ear than a large one. I have seen people using Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as phone and it surely looks weird.

Talking about these smartphones in technical terms, I’d say that iPhone 5 is better than Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The screen size of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is more than, but the resolution of the display of iPhone 5 is more than that of Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The resolution of the display of iPhone 5 is 1136 x 640 pixels while that of iPhone 5 is 1280 x 720 pixels. But the screen size of iPhone 5 is just 4 inches while that of Galaxy Note 2 is 5.5 inches. Again the clarity of the display of iPhone 5 is much better than that of Galaxy Note 2. In iPhone 5, the pixel density is of 326 ppi while that in Galaxy Note 2, pixel density is of 267 ppi. Again the display used in iPhone 5 is that of Retina display type. As compared to this Galaxy Note 2 has HD Super AMOLED Plus.

I think that you should go for Galaxy Note 2 as it has much better usage than iPhone 5. The first reason for this is the operating system that is used in these devices. iPhone 5 has iOS 6 and Galaxy Note 2 has Android 4.0 as its operating system. You will find ample amount of applications for both these smartphones. These apps will include utility tools, entertainment stuff, information apps and many such other stuff. But let me tell you that apps for iPhone 5 will be expensive, while in Galaxy Note 2 which is Android based, you will find numerous apps and most of them for free. Even if there is any paid app, you might find another similar app for free which will have same functionality and similar features. So I say that you should buy Galaxy Note 2 for better purpose.

If you need to use the smartphone for multi-tasking, that is receiving call along with some task like internet browsing or taking some notes, then I’d say that iPhone 5 is best phone for your use. It is not that Galaxy Note 2 will not have these features, but if the computing power is considered, that is the processor of these smartphones, then iPhone 5 has much better processor than Galaxy Note 2. Samsung has a Exynos 4412 while iPhone 5 has Apple A6 processor. Though both the phones are good at multi-tasking; I felt that iPhone 5 is much better when it comes to taking huge load on itself.

If you are kind of a user who needs to use smartphone for watching videos or listening to music, then I suggest that you buy Galaxy Note 2 instead of iPhone 5. The reason is that iPhone 5 doesn’t have expandable memory in it. You will have to use the internal memory itself for storing your entertainment stuff in iPhone 5 while in Galaxy Note 2 you can expand the memory using the memory card up to 32 GB microSD card. Both the smartphones are available in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory available. I think that you should plan your purchase accordingly.

The cameras available in both these smartphones are also good. They both have 8 megapixels camera on their back side. While on the front side iPhone 5 will have 1.2 megapixel camera while in Galaxy Note 2 will have 1.9 megapixel front facing camera. So if you are in need of face to face callings or conference calls, then I think that Galaxy Note 2 will be good for you. Also the resolution of images that are clicked by the rear cameras of these smartphones is same, which is 3264 x 2448 pixels. You can shoot videos using these cameras at resolution of 1080p at framerate of 30 fps. I think you will get a good photograph using these smartphones and you can utilize it for purpose of entertainment as well as business.

I think that the price of iPhone 5 will be so high that I would be able to buy more than one Galaxy Note 2 along with many fancy accessories along with it. If the matter is of money, then I suggest you to buy Galaxy Note 2 as it will come in much cheaper price as compared to iPhone 5. Also the accessories of iPhone 5 are expensive and you will have to spend more money on them. As compared to this Galaxy Note 2 accepts accessories of other smartphones and brands too, so it is much effective to use.