Poll: Nokia Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5

Thread: Nokia Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5

Nokia Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5

Now that we have seen the battle among the smartphones have heated up, we saw that there was launch of two smartphones. One is the Apple’s iPhone 5 and other one is the Nokia Lumia 920. As the battle heats up, I would like to know the opinion of the people on which of these wither phone is best.

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 vs. iPhone 5

I think that Nokia Lumia 920 is much better than iPhone 5. It has much better screen size than iPhone 5. Nokia Lumia 920 has a 4.5 inch screen while iphone 5 has a 4 inch screen. I think that this is the best advantage of Nokia Lumia 920 over iPhone 5. But with this big sized screen comes the bigger body. I think in this place, iPhone 5 wins over Nokia Lumia 920 for sure. The weight and the dimensions of Nokia Lumia 920 are more than that of the iPhone 5. Though it won’t affect much of portability, but light weight is better according to me.

There is a huge difference between the display of Nokia Lumia 920 and iPhone 5. iPhone 5 has a retina display while Nokia Lumia 920 has the IPS LCD display. The main advantage of the Retina display is that it provides much better view in the direct light, to be precise you can clearly see the content on the screen of iPhone 5 in sunlight while it will become difficult to see the content on the screen of Nokia Lumia 920 under sunlight. Also the ppi in both the smartphones is different. But the difference is not large that it will make much difference. Nokia Lumia 920 has 332ppi while iPhone 5 has 326 ppi in the display. Though both the screen will provide good clarity, iPhone 5 will have slightly better clarity than Nokia Lumia 920.

I think that the major difference among iPhone 5 and Nokia Lumia 920 is the processor. iPhone 5 has an Apple A6 processor which promises to be much better than the previous Apple A5 processor. I agree that Apple A6 processor will be better, but even Qualcomm S4 processor of Nokia Lumia 920 is good. The performances of both the processors are good for the respective smartphones and thus making comparison among the processor is not practical. The working and the requirements of both the smartphones is different and thus I think respective processors are best for themselves.

One think that I didn’t like about Nokia Lumia 920 is that there is no price variation in its models like that available in iPhone 5. In iPhone 5, the price differs for various models depending upon the internal memory. Accordingly, iPhone 5 with 16 GB internal memory is for sale at price of $199. Similarly, iPhone 5 with 32 GB and 64 GB of internal memory is priced at $299 and $399 respectively. I am not sure about the price of Nokia Lumia 920, but I don’t think such options will be available. So if I want to buy any phone among these, then I will prefer buying iPhone 5 over Nokia Lumia 920.

I think Nokia Lumia 920 is much better in sharing data as compared to iPhone 5. Using iPhone 5, you can transfer data like video or music only to other Apple device. But you cannot transfer the data to any other phone. I think that this will not help the users to share their data with other users and this is not right. But as compared to this Nokia Lumia 920 has normal Bluetooth. We can share the data with any other phone, then maybe it is Micromax, Samsung, HTC or any other phone. So I think this is great if one wants to share any data or any file or content across the smartphone. I prefer Nokia Lumia 920 for this awesome connectivity which iPhone 5 doesn’t have.

The cameras in both the smartphones is good for use. iPhone 5 has an 8 megapixel camera on the rear side while 1.2 megapixel camera on the front side. As compared to this Nokia Lumia 920 have an 8.7 megapixel camera on the rear side and a 1.3 megapixel on the front side. Nokia is always known to have the best cameras in their phones and I think if one needs to use a camera a lot, then Nokia Lumia 920 is the best smartphone for their use. The video capturing features of both these cameras on smartphones are similar. Once can record videos of resolution 1080p using the rear camera and video of resolution 720p using the front camera on these smartphones.

When it comes to the smartphones, one big question that is raised by many is that of the battery life. If the battery life of both phones are compared than Nokia Lumia 920 is the clear winner. It can provide talk time up to 10 hours with 3G activated. In the same case, iPhone 5 can provide 8 hours of talk time. Also from the looks of these smartphones, I think that Lumia 920 is much cooler than iPhone 5. The only colors in which iPhone 5 is available are black, white and silver. As compared to this Nokia Lumia 920 is available in more colors. The colors are black, red, gray, white, and yellow. I think if you are a person who needs a big choice in colors, then Nokia Lumia 920 is just meant for you.

The operating systems of both the phones again bring in the competition among these phones. iPhone 5 has iOS 6 while Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8. Both the operating systems are suited for the respective smartphones and I think deciding which is the best is difficult. Both the operating systems fulfill the need of the phone and the user completely, so I don’t think that we can make any complaints or so. I think that another point that we can make comparison is the voice assistant available in these phones. Nokia Lumia 920 has Microsoft TellMe while iPhone 5 has Siri. Both are good for use, but if comparison has to be made, then Siri is much developed than the Microsoft's TellMe.

f one thing I don’t like about iPhone 5 is its price. I live in India and for us both the smartphones will be much expensive. I am sure that iPhone 5 will be having price more than Rs. 45000 and it will come locked with some fixed network provider. Also Nokia Lumia 920 will be expensive but will not have price as high as iPhone 5. Also it will not be locked to some specific service provider. Also the apps and other stuff for iPhone 5 will have a high price. But for Nokia, I don’t think this will be the case. So if I have to choose among these two phones, then Nokia Lumia 920 is the phone that I will choose.

compare the cost and system. i'm big apple fans.
    i choice iPhone 5