Poll: Transformers: War for Cybertron vs. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Thread: Transformers: War for Cybertron vs. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Transformers: War for Cybertron vs. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

I just started playing Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and I have reached some beginning point of the campaign in this game. I just loved this game and I think that this is the cool game that High Moon Studios has released. I and my friend who are playing this game had a debate where he said that Transformers: War of Cybertron is much better than Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. We discussed the gameplay, graphics and other details of these games. I would like to know the opinion of other people about these games. What do you people think which game out of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and Transformers: War of Cybertron is much better?

Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron vs. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

I think that Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is much better than Transformers: War of Cybertron when it comes to the game design. The maps and the areas that are designed for this game are much larger and open ended than that in Transformers: War of Cybertron. The maps in the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron consists of more varieties of structures that fulfill various purposes. Also the open spaced maps help us to have flight features for transformers.

Also the areas are designed much larger which needs us to do more exploration. Also various elements that are added in the map give much better effect of being on Cybertron in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron than that in Transformers: War of Cybertron.

The best part about Transformers: Fall of Cybertron that I liked is the way the levels of this games are designed. In Transformers: War of Cybertron, when I started playing, I thought that I was put into middle of some game which I have no idea about. But in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron the levels are designed such that in the initial levels, the enemies will be easier to take down. But as the game proceeds, the enemies become harder and also the areas become so large that it becomes difficult to find destinations. But the way levels go on progressing in the difficulty level in Fall of Cybertron is much better than War of Cybertron. Even a new player can play this game easily.

The campaign of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is much shorter than Transformers: War of Cybertron. I mean there are just 15 missions and they too get over in short period of time. In Transformers: War of Cybertron, the number of missions was more in number and the game was much harder to play. The missions in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is more fun and more time consuming when played on harder difficulty. I miss the epic boss fights that were present in Transformers: War of Cybertron. I think developers have missed the part of the boss fights in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Also I think that developers should have put the co-op mode in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron like that in Transformers: War of Cybertron.

I think that developers have reduced the amount of depth in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. The amount of customization and the intensity of their modification were great in Transformers: War of Cybertron. We can now only choose only one ability from two in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. This number was large in Transformers: War of Cybertron. The amount of modification possible for our transformer that was out-standing. Even the ability for cars has been removed. The number of weapons have also been reduced which has lead to problems while playing this game. I hate the turret that is given to the scientist class in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

The number of weapons have also been reduced which has lead to problems while playing this game. I hate the turret that is given to the scientist class in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.
    I agree with your opinion. The lacks of weapons and abilities have made the game much more difficult to play. I mean a person who uses only single class of transformer will have bad time playing this game in multiplayer mode. Before when we had option to choose more abilities and weapons, I could choose variety of them and combine their strength in various situations. Now the scientist has turret which is powerful against one enemy alone, but useless when more than one enemy arrive in packs. Also the ability to heal is useless when alone if anyone chooses. So you have to stick along with your team only to support them. This whole thing has taken away the attacking role of the scientists and made them side kick to other classes. I think that this is why Transformers: War of Cybertron is much better than Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

I found that the graphics of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron has been more enhanced than that of Transformers: War of Cybertron. The qualities in the textures of the environment and the characters have been greatly improved. Also other elements like the reflections and shadows are pretty decent looking. The effects like blasts, flames and other similar kinds have been enhanced.

One thing I didn’t like about the graphics in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is that textures on some objects become blurry. It is like the depth has been faked like in the old games. I can’t understand this, but I think there is something wrong with the textures in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. This thing was not present in Transformers: War of Cybertron and every object looked similar in textures.

One thing I didn’t like about the graphics in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is that textures on some objects become blurry. It is like the depth has been faked like in the old games. I can’t understand this, but I think there is something wrong with the textures in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. This thing was not present in Transformers: War of Cybertron and every object looked similar in textures.
    Actually the developers have done this trick with the game to preserve the resources of the user’s computer and also give the good graphics to this game. The graphics and the textures of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is so high that it would create problem for many users with no high end hardware. This would restrict the game’s market. So the developers have used the trick where the objects that are at distant place will have low quality textures and the objects that are near the user’s camera will have high quality textures. Also the quality of models will change according to the distance. This trick is usually seen in games will large maps. Imagine an animation of transformer combined with heavy graphical details would need resources so high.

I find the class distribution in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron very annoying as compared to that was made in Transformers: War of Cybertron. The heavy transformers have the abilities that the infiltrator class can also perform. I mean long ranged attacks are possible using infiltrators as heavy units. So an infiltrator class is useless as it will have low health but same abilities as that of a heavy transformer.

I find the pace of multiplayer game of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron much slower than that in Transformers: War of Cybertron. I blame it on the large maps. Also the game style in Fall of Cybertron is far more complicated than that was in War of Cybertron. But overall the game is quite good. I played the campaign but I have difficulty adjusting to the multiplayer mode. I think playing it for some more time will solve the problem.