Poll: Dark Souls vs. Guild Wars 2

Thread: Dark Souls vs. Guild Wars 2

Dark Souls vs. Guild Wars 2

I am a great fan about fantasy based MMO games. I am very excited about Guild Wars 2 as I had played its first part. But I was disappointed to see that Dark Souls is also releasing within period of 24 hours of Guild Wars 2. I am confused which game to play first or which will be better. I would like to know opinion of other fans of this game about which game I should play first.

Re: Dark Souls vs. Guild Wars 2

I think that you should go for Dark Souls as I don’t think that Guild Wars 2 would be interesting as its first part. After looking and reading some reviews that are made on internet about Guild Wars 2, I think that it is just made for sake of the first part. I mean, just to retain the fan base, developers of Guild Wars 2 are bringing out a new game to the series.

I also saw the gameplay videos of Guild Wars 2 and I didn’t find it interesting. It was just like the old game with nothing new to offer except for improved graphics. Also the dark soul looks much better than other such fantasy based games.

According to the sales of the Guild Wars, I think that Guild Wars 2 will get the necessary hype to get it sold in large numbers. But I too think that gameplay of Dark Souls looks much better than Guild Wars 2. I think that Dark Souls will have a better story than Guild Wars 2 will ever have. From what I have seen about Guild Wars 2, I think that it is just the old game with some new characters and nothing else. I think that Diablo 3 did a good job of keeping the standards of the series at a good level than Guild Wars 2.

I don’t think that both of these games will appeal all kind of gamers. I mean, Dark Souls is an RPG based game while Guild Wars 2 is a MMO kind of game. It is not like every gamer is interested in these games. Also the gameplay of both the games will target different types of audiences. The game style and the controlling system of Dark Souls are somewhat complicated and gamers who are used to playing games with lot of controls will find it interesting. As compared to game style of Dark Souls, I think that Guild Wars 2 is much easier and any casual gamer can play it too.

One thing I am sure about Dark Souls is that World of Warcraft fans will be much excited about this game as it comes closer to it. But when they start playing Dark Souls, they will be disappointed as well as have tough time playing it. The World of Warcraft gamers will get the same feeling of the game, but when it comes to difficulty levels in the game, I think that Dark Souls is much harder than Warcraft. They won’t get easy rewards or XP. Also the characters from Warcraft are cartoonish as compared to Guild Wars 2. Also they won’t find cute characters in Dark Souls like in World of Warcraft.

The story of the Guild Wars 2 is very undeveloped. Just because they have some characters and they can be moved, I think that developers have put some basic story. This story doesn’t even give better reason to fight. The combat is also kind of floaty. I mean, when you attack an enemy, the sword or whatever weapon you use doesn’t seem to touch the enemy properly. Even the dead bodies don’t seem to collide but go through the bodies of other players and objects. Also Guild Wars 2 is kind of button mashing game. You just have to go on pressing button and something will happen.

I don’t think that I will be playing any of these games. The cost of the games is very high according to me. Dark Souls is priced at $40 and Guild Wars 2 is priced at $60. I think I will wait for few weeks till the price of the game is reduced by few dollars. Also I am interested in single player game, so Guild Wars 2 is just out of question for me. I think that Dark Souls is good for me.