Poll: Is it worth to go for extended warranties

Thread: Is it worth to go for extended warranties

Is it worth to go for extended warranties

As mentioned in the title, I am starting this poll to know from you all whether it is worth go for extended warranties or not. I think yes until I don’t encounter any issue with the product before its warranty period. I personally feel that if a product goes under service once before its warranty then there’s no use of extending warranty for what, rather I’ll get a new one.

Re: Is it worth to go for extended warranties

I agree to your point but I think extending warranty of a product mostly depends on the price of the product. For e.g. if I am having laptop or other portable device which is quite costly and who’s repairing can cost me handsome amount of money if anything goes wrong with it than I will surely go for extended warranty.

One cannot predict if anything will go wrong with it or not before the warranty period, so to be at the safer side getting an extended warranty for such products is always a good idea.

That’s quite true, I have recently extended warranty of my macbook because I know if anything goes wrong with it then I will have to pay good amount for getting it repaired without warranty. Having warranty for product’s makes anyone feel secure and I think everyone should go for extended warranty until the repairing cost of the product will be high.

I think that extending warranty not only depends on the price of the product but it also depends on repair cost and use of the product. If I am having costly phones or laptops and if I don’t face any issue with it before the warranty period then I can tend to extend its warranty for a year at least to be at the safer side. If I have to visit service center for getting it repaired a couple of time before the warranty period then I won’t extend its warranty next time. Even I don’t think there is any point of extending warranty of a product if things’ goes wrong with it after every 3 to 4 months, getting a new one will be a better idea in such cases.

Every product now a day’s comes with one year warranty, Cost of the product is obviously the very first factor for getting extended warranty but it’s not in all cases. If I am having a product that I use daily like my phone and laptop and if I can’t go a single day without it then I won’t get extended warranty for it. I mean getting them repaired from service center will definitely take more time as compared to get it repaired from a known local shop. Since I can’t go a couple of days without it, ill prefer getting it repaired from known local shop rather than waiting long and get it repaired from service center. I’ll spend the money for getting it repaired faster rather than spending it on its extended warranty. On the other hand if I am having a costly or imported watch then I’ll get an extended warranty for it as I won’t mind the time that its service center will take for repairing it.

For me it depends on the cost of extending warranty, I see laptops and phones manufacturer selling their extended warranty almost at one third cost of the product. So if I am getting a product for 50k then I won’t spend 15k just for the sake of extending its warranty but if it will cost me 10 or 15 percent of the product then I won’t mind spending that. Now a day’s I hardly see any product coming with extended warranty as 10 to 15 percent as per the cost of the product. That’s what brings up a hesitation in me and stops me from getting an extending warranty, in my case I have been quite luck with my products either something goes wrong with then within warrant time or they last long until I get bored of the product and don’t feel spending on it anymore.