Poll: Best biometric device you like?

Thread: Best biometric device you like?

Best biometric device you like?

Guys I am just starting this poll to know form you all the Best biometric device. As we know there are different types of biometric devices like Retinal scanner, Fingerprint reader, Hand reader, Voice recognizer, Facial recognizer etc which are used in day to day devices. So which one is the best according to you all? Which one is safe? Which one you can trust? People mentioning reason for their vote will be appreciated.

Re: Best biometric device you like?

I think Fingerprint reader is the best if we consider day to day devices like laptop, phones and other portable personal devices. I have seen people faking Fingerprint reader in movies but I don’t think that anyone will try out those shown tricks to access such personal devices. For higher security of Retinal scanner is the best, it is being used in airports and corporate company where security is must as a loop hole in that can cause massive damages. You have chosen top biometric devices but I think that voting for the best will depend on individual probably the ones who have gone through all these. As far as the safety is concerned Retinal scanner is really the best I don’t think that anyone can fake them.

Since you have started the poll for best biometric device according to safety and security measures, I will vote Retinal scanner for security. I have seen Fingerprint reader, Hand reader, Voice recognizer, Facial recognizer getting faked in movies but I haven’t come across any movie faking Retinal scanner. As per safety measures I would like to vote for Facial recognizer or Fingerprint reader because I am not sure if Retinal scanner is safe for eyes. I have gone through it fewer times in immigration but I get a feeling that those laser lights might be affecting our eyes in some way. No doubt such biometric devices are required and frankly speaking I don’t have any problem with it as well.

I don’t think it will be feasible to vote for the best as you have already picked up the best ones according to safety and security levels. I think Retinal scanner and Facial recognizer are best for highly secure devices and areas. I agree upon the point GuruT has made here

“I am not sure if Retinal scanner is safe for eyes. I have gone through it fewer times in immigration but I get a feeling that those laser lights might be affecting our eyes in some way”

I get the same feeling whenever I pass Retinal scanner at airports.

Retinal scanner is obviously the best as compared to the one you have mentioned here. I don’t think anyone will disagree me but it’s not safe for eyes. The laser does affect our eyes for that while but as it takes less time to go through the affect is negligible. Fingerprint reader, Hand reader, Voice recognizer, Facial recognizer appear quite safe as they don’t affect anything. I am quite sure faking Retinal scanner, Fingerprint reader, Hand reader is not as easy as shown in movies.

I don’t think there is any point of comparing them as per movies, I haven’t heard anyone faking these scanners and readers and getting pass through in news as well.

Which world you are in Rodriguez_bronx? Just search for “How to cheat fingerprint scanner” and you will come to know about the tricks that you can use for cheating fingerprint scanner.

I do believe cheating Hand reader, Voice recognizer and Facial recognizer is not that easy but I don’t agree for Fingerprint reader. Retinal scanner will stay at the top as far as security is concerned and my vote goes for the same.

Yes Retinal scanner is the best, fingerprint scanner and Hand reader can be cheated if one gets hold of their print. I am not making this point my watching movies but it is likely to be possible to cheat them. I don’t have much idea about Voice recognizer as I haven’t gone through it anywhere, I don’t think it will be easy as one needs to match the frequency of the voice to pass through Voice recognizer.