Poll: Sony Xperia ion vs. HTC One X

Thread: Sony Xperia ion vs. HTC One X

Sony Xperia ion vs. HTC One X

I am about to buy a new smartphone for myself and I had recently chosen HTC One X. But then Sony released Xperia ion in market and I am now tempted to buy it. But again there must be some difference among these phones which will make one better than other phone. Can someone tell me which among Sony Xperia ion and HTC One X is better?

Re: Sony Xperia ion vs. HTC One X

I like the looks of HTC One X more than that of Sony Xperia ion as it has a metallic body which has a good silver finish. Sony Xperia ion has more of a plastic body with the rounded edges doesn’t fit properly in hands. The body of Sony Xperia ion is designed with rounded edges to make it comfortable as a unibody. But it seems that manufacturers never took interest f users will be able to handle the phone properly or not. Also HTC One X is lighter and smaller in size. This makes it easy to handle and good for use. Also the capacitive buttons of Sony Xperia ion are badly designed as they are very small in size.

The buttons on the sides of the Sony Xperia ion are so badly designed that you can barely feel them. They are slightly raised which are barely felt when touched. Also the power button is so small that you will find it difficult to use when no seeing it. Also the buttons don’t respond properly when pressed. I have to press them somewhat hard so that they act properly. Also the battery of Sony Xperia ion is non removable like that in HTC One X. Both the phones have HDMI port which can be used to route the videos from the phone to television.

When the displays of both the phones, which are Sony Xperia ion and HTC One X is compared, then display of Sony Xperia ion is that of 4.6 inches and that of HTC One X is 4.7 inches in size. But if the pixel density is compared, the Sony Xperia ion will win. But the difference in the clarity of image on display of both the phones is not noticeable. One thing that makes display of HTC One X much better than Sony Xperia ion is the number of angles from which you can see the content on the screen clearly. Both the screens work well under sunlight without any reflections of the sunlight.

Talking about the interface of the phones, Sony Xperia ion and HTC One X both have almost similar interface because they both have Android as they operating system. But the organization and the presentation is done much better in HTC One X than that in Sony Xperia ion. Also the on-screen pad of HTC One X is much better than on-screen keypad of Sony Xperia ion. The on-screen keypad of Sony Xperia ion seems very much clustered and thus it becomes difficult to use it. But in HTC One X, the on-screen keypad is nicely made with keys spaced properly to give proper space to the fingers.

Battery life in Sony Xperia ion is a big issue. After running music, videos and few games the battery will get exhausted in around 2 to 3 hours. This is not the case in HTC One X where battery can run up to eight hours. Also the body of Sony Xperia ion is unibody making it impossible to remove the battery manually. This makes it impossible to carry a spare battery for Sony Xperia ion. Also the charging time for Sony Xperia ion is very long, something around two hours. So this whole battery issue makes Sony Xperia ion almost useless as compared to HTC One X. I think HTC One X is clear winner in terms of battery.

Sony Xperia ion has many issues regarding connectivity with 3G network and Wi-Fi. It takes a long time to get the phone connected to the network and then even the download speed we get is very low. I connected it to 3G network and started downloading a music file and I was getting download speed of 135 kbps. This is the speed of EDGE network. Also it took around three attempts to connect to Wi-Fi network and successfully start it. I think there are some serious issues that manufacturers need to take a look at.