Poll: Which smartphone is better, Motorola Atrix HD or Samsung Galaxy S3

Thread: Motorola Atrix HD vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

Motorola Atrix HD vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

I am planning to buy a new smartphone for my regular use. The activities I perform throughout my day that include use of the phone are for professional use, entertainment and social networking. I have searched on internet for latest smartphones and closed in my search to Motorola Atrix HD and Samsung Galaxy S3. I found both these phones good for my use, but still there must be some difference that makes them different from each other. Can someone tell me which of these smartphones is best?

Re: Motorola Atrix HD vs. Samsung Galaxy S3

The physical features of both the smartphones, which are, Motorola Atrix HD and Samsung Galaxy S3 are almost same. Only minor differences will be noticed. Even the weight and the dimensions are almost similar. But there is somewhat difference in the size of the screen, that is, Samsung Galaxy S3 has slightly bigger screen than Motorola Atrix HD. You will find the difference in the placement of keys on the side of the body on both the phones. In Motorola Atrix HD, the right side has the keypad lock and volume control buttons but in Samsung Galaxy S3, you will find volume control buttons on left side and keypad lock button on right side.

Samsung Galaxy S3 has a 4.8 inches screen while Motorola Atrix HD has an 4.5 inch screen. The resolution provided by the screen of both theses phones is same, that is 720 X 1280 pixels. But if you want good picture quality, then Samsung Galaxy S3 will provide you image of finer quality. This is because the display of Samsung Galaxy S3 has 306 ppi while display of Motorola Atrix HD has 326 ppi. The technology used in the display of Motorola Atrix HD is TFT while that in Samsung Galaxy S3 has used Super AMOLED technology in the display screen. Both the smartphones have capacitive and multi-touch screens along with Light sensor, Proximity sensor and Scratch-resistant glass.

Motorola Atrix HD has a poor battery life as compared to Samsung Galaxy S3. In Samsung Galaxy S3, you will get around 22 hours of battery life while talking on the phone and 830 hours of standby power. But in Motorola Atrix HD, the talk time battery life is just of 9 hours and standby battery life is of 204 hours. Also the capacity of the Li-Polymer battery used by Motorola Atrix HD is of 1780 mAh and that of Samsung Galaxy S3’s Li-Lion battery is of 2100 mAh.

The camera of both the smartphones is almost similar. They both feature 8 megapixel cameras with LED flash. Both the cameras can record video at resolution of 1080p at 30 fps. The front facing camera of Motorola Atrix HD is of 1.3 megapixels while that of Samsung Galaxy S3 is of 2 megapixels. Both the front facing cameras can support video calls.

Motorola Atrix HD has a Dual Core processor of frequency 1500 Mhz, that is Qualcomm MSM8960. Samsung Galaxy S3 has a Quad Core processor that is of frequency 1400 MHz, that is, Exynos 4412. Both the smartphones have dedicated graphic processor which ensures high quality graphic rendering on the smartphone. While both the smartphones have RAM of capacity 1024 MB, Motorola Atrix HD has an ROM of capacity 8192 MB. This means if you want to play games on your smartphone, then Motorola Atrix HD is better than Samsung Galaxy S3. One drawback of Motorola Atrix HD is that it will support on 32 GB of expandable memory and that too only microSD and microSDHC type of memory cards. In comparison to it Samsung Galaxy S3 can support up to 64 GB of memory card of microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC types.

Both the smartphones, that is, Motorola Atrix HD and Samsung Galaxy S3 have features to support music and video files. Both smartphones have FM radio, audio and video streaming and YouTube player built in them. Both the smartphones have web browsers that support HTML, HTML5 and Flash. Flash will provide you with possibility of playing the social networking games on your phone while HTML 5 will make your smartphone ready for websites using IPv6. Motorola Atrix HD and Samsung Galaxy S3 will both support 4G internet and can provide transfer rate up to 21.1 MBps. Both the phones have GPS system built in them.

Both phones have Wi-Fi hotspots to make the phone as a Wi-Fi modem. They can be connected to PC using USB 2.0. Both these smartphones have sensors for Accelerometer and Compass. In addition to this, Samsung Galaxy S3 also has sensors for Gyroscope and Barometer.

I think that both Samsung Galaxy S3 and Motorola Atrix HD are similar to each other in functioning and in their specifications. The only difference is that Motorola Atrix HD has very low battery life. I think if we ignored this point, both these smartphones won’t make much difference in their use. Both the smartphones are good for professional use as well as entertainment. You can play music, watch high definition videos and play high quality games easily on these smartphones.