Poll: Which browser is the best according to you?

Thread: Google Chrome vs Rockmelt

Google Chrome vs Rockmelt

So guys, here is the thread for you all to decide which according to you is the best browser amongst Google Chrome and Rocklmelt. I have seen many of the people debating on which one is the better browser. After Rockmelt came into market the first web browser that felt it as a threat was Google’s Chrome. Even I feel the same. The first best think that Rockmelt did was included Facebook as an optional sidebar which made the browser quite impressive for all the users who are current one of the FB lover. But there are also other FB lovers who are still now so impressed with Rockmelt.

Anyways what would do you guys think. Is RockMelt really a better browser or you would still prefer to stay with Google Chome which is still amongst the top browser.

Re: Google Chrome vs Rockmelt

If you compare with Google Chrome then I would say that Rockmelt is the best browser till now that I have ever come across. Reason is quite simple; Rockmelt makes most of my task as simple as possible. This browser is not just limited with accessing and navigating through web pages like Google Chrome.

Rockmelt has taken the level of browsers one steps forward with creating an easy method for the users to access Social Networking. We can easily feeds from any social networking site with just clicking on their icons and with the help the taskbar we can also share contents on any sites.

Heard that still more features are going to be updated in Rockmelt soon which may include the FB with lots of additional features.

Although Rockmelt is built on the same Chromium core as Google Chrome but still I don’t think Rockmelt has been able to take Google Chrome out of the competition. I still prefer Chrome as my best default browser. I do agree that Rockmelt has endless advanced features in it but don’t you think that those features are making things more complicated while accessing the browser. The features are no doubt very much interesting which helps us to get all the notifications of our social networking accounts but also it diverts our mind while accessing internet.

I mean whenever I am trying to access any page and if in case any of my friend update anything on my wall suddenly I receive the notification which disturbs me while I am doing something very much important.

If we consider Rockmelt without Facebook integration then I think this browser is nothing in front of Chrome. Yes, Rockmelt is completely dependent up on Facebook. i haven’t used Rockmelt yet but heard that if you need to use Rockmelt you will have to first login into your FB account which I according to me is complete non-sense. I mean, why I will have to login to my FB account if I am not interested in getting its update and notifications. Also I heard that you can’t get rid of the Facebook integration with this browser during the time of installation. It however asks you for the facebook details and asks you to login to your Facebook account. Only then your installation will be completely. Over all I just mean to say that Rockmelt is a complete useless browser if Facebook is eliminated from it. It is actually meant for FB and not for accessing web page which is the sole responsibility of Chrome. No head ache from Chrome we can use it the way we want without any disturbance.

chrismartin4u Guest

For Me Goggle Chrome is the best.

With pure browsing qualities obviously Google chrome is the best. In face Chrome is best amongst all browsers. Rockmelt is an exceptional case I must say. I mean, this browser is actually not meant for simple browsing. Anyone who likes Rockmelt would be definitely a social networking lover. If you think as a social networking user point of view then you might find Rockmelt as one of the best creation.

There are not one or two benefits with Rockmelt but lots of advantages that you can get with installing it in your computer. During the time of installation Rockmelt ask for all the Facebook permission so that in future you can simply chat with your friends, share, check the feeds and so on. But with such things I personally feel that there are huge chances of facebook spamming through Rockmelt. With such weak privacy and authentication there are chances that your account gets spammed.
    With Google Chrome you need not have to worry for anything. No spamming no privacy issues. whenever you want just login to the account and if not required log out from there.

Rockmelt has been tested the best way possible before it was released for the users. The developers took a especially care of the account not getting spammed or leaked. Definitely anyone would be worried after allowing the browser or any application to take care of your personal account 24x7.

But for your kind information let me tell you that Rockmelt wont share or write anything onto your friend’s wall with your name until you select or choose Social Reading on this browser. When you enable Social Reading into your browser, whatever articles that you read on any site they might get shared automatically through Rockmelt on your Facebook account. But however this option can be easily turned off so there is nothing much too worry about that. Make sure that only white listed site’s articles will be shared automatically.

There is certain comparison that I have found on internet between both Google Chrome and Rockmelt with regards to all their features. Mostly even I found that if you eliminate the facebook integration you might find Rockmelt as very weak.

1. The first impression with the layout of both the browser was very much different from each other. The developers of Chrome has very well focused on the designing this browser with its multi variety themes. Then the start up icons and other organized thumbs of Google chrome is very well maintained.
    2. Comparing the user interface and then the layout of Rockmelt is of no use as it has not well managed to focus on the themes and other arrangement on this browser for a universal access.

Yeah you have got it correct. With the layout of both the browser Chrome has taken away the Limelight. Below are the following lists which could clear your confusion:

1. With Layout Usability and access, Chrome has won the race as this browser has no risk of hacking any of your accounts.
    2. Layout personal Touch; again Chrome is better in this case as I already said it has multiple themes and backgrounds
    3. Lastly Layout Simplicity; here I would say that Rockmelt took over the race. I personally found that this browser simplified the look by reducing the toolbar at the top and including the sidebars with all the social networking activities.