Poll: best between Micromax Funbook and Ultratab A100

Thread: Zen UltraTab A100 vs Funbook

Zen UltraTab A100 vs Funbook

Hi. I am here to get some suggestions and comparison between the two budget tablets, i.e. Micromax Funbook and Zen UntraTab A100 that is launched today itself. I need to buy an additional (Already have a Samsung galaxy Tab) tablet for myself for watching videos and games. I use my galaxy tab completely for my professional use hence i don’t want to mess it with games and movies. So I decided to go with any one of these. Could you guys please compare both and let me know which is best among Funbook and UltraTab A100 ? All helps appreciated.

Re: Zen UltraTab A100 vs Funbook

Well according to the specification I read about Zen Ultratab on few sites, it seems good too. I am using Micromax Funbook from past 1 month and I can say it is very good. But as we are here to compare both of these tabs, before doing the same I would like to say that Micromax is one of the reputed gadgets manufacturer in India and its Funbook is worth having. Anyways, lets compare both of them:

Design and Screen:

Funbook and UltraTab both are having the same 7inch capacitive touchscreen with 800 X 480 pixel resolution. As per the touch, I know Funbook has a very smooth sensitive touch but I don’t know about Ultrtab as it is just launched. You will need 1 or 2 days to get know how the touch of it is. Talking about design, both tabs are good in looks, comfortable in hands. Compared to Funbook, A100 is much slimmer and thinner than Funbook. Infact, it is the Slimmest tablet available in the market the today weighing just 295 grams.

Processor, Memory, Storage, Camera:

Both of the tabs are same in this category. There is a 1.2GHz processor and 512MB RAM in both UltraTab and Funbook. But the new tab beats Funbook in built-in storage because it is comes 4GB whereas and Funbook comes only with 2GB built-in. however, both can be expanded upto 32GB using the SD Card slot. As per the Camera, UltraTab beats Funbook with its 1.3 megapixel camera that is just 0.3 in Funbook on the front and there is no rear camera in any of these devices.

Flash and other apps:

This is the main advantage in these low budget tablets, Flash. There are many Android smartphones and Tablets that still don’t have Flash support, including Google’s one jelly Bean powered Google Nexus 7 tab. But Funbook and UltraTab tablets come pre-installed with Flash support that allows you to play facebook and flash games. Not just game, there are many more things to do with flash.

Where Funbook comes preinstalled with their own applications such as Micromax Store, Zenga Live TV, and many more, Ultratab A100 comes with pre-loaded iBrowser, mBollywood, India newspaper, nexQTV and many more. Offcourse, you will get Google’s own services like Gtalk, Gmail, Google Play store etc by default in both devices.

Connectivity:

Connectivity options are pretty same in both Funbook and UltraTab A100. You get a Micro USB Port, HDMI Port, WiFi and 3G. Similar to Funbook, here too you need to use an external Dongle for using 3G on the tab.

Price:

Since it launched, Micromax price is still constant. They are selling it at the price of 6499/- since start. Whereas, UltraTab A100 is launched with the price tag of 6199 and some online shopping site is also selling it for just 5999/-. Here one more thing I would like to add is that Funbook can be purchased only online and not from any retail store. I don’t know why they haven’t shipped yet to retailers. So you need to order it on Micromax own official store and wait for 10 days to get. I hope it should not be the same with UltraTab A100, they should make it available to retailers as well.

So, overall both tabs are same in features, specifications and connectivity. The only difference you get is in the price, Camera and the built-in storage space, but the end both are same using SD Card where Zen UltraTab A100 stands better. But still if I have to buy one more tab, I would have to spend money again for a Tablet; I would like to go with Funbook again. Rest Choice is all yours.

That’s was really a great comparison Maq.h, keep it up. Just to help you out and make the comparison more better, here am posting the specification lists of both tablets.

Micromax Funbook:

• 1.2GHz processor
    • 512MB RAM
    Dual Mail 400 GPU
    • 7 inch capacitive touch screen with 800*480 pixel resolution
    • Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
    • WiFi and 3G connection through dongle
    • 0.3 MP Primary Camera
    • 2GB InBuilt Storage with Expandable 32 GB
    • Free bundled Tata Photon EVDO card

Zen UltraTab A100:

• 1.2 GHz processor
    • 512MB Ram
    • MALI 400 GPU
    • 7 inch capacitive touch screen with 800*480 pixel resolution
    • Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
    • WiFi and 3G connection through dongle
    • 1.3 MP front camera with digital zoom
    • 2GB InBuilt Storage with Expandable 32 GB

Even I will vote for Funbook. It is the best in low cost tablet pcs available in India. You get everything including HD video playback, good gaming experience, Flash, fast web browsing, number of apps and many more. If you want to test, checkout this Video Review on YouTube.