Poll: Which is the best among Nokia 808 Pureview and Nokia N8

Thread: Nokia N8 vs. Nokia 808 Pureview

Nokia N8 vs. Nokia 808 Pureview

I am willing to buy a new smartphone for myself. I need one which is good for entertainment. Also I am a chef, so many times it happens that I have to photograph the dishes that I make and do a fancy topping on them to make them look beautiful. I have a digital camera with me, but carrying it everywhere and taking it out in middle of kitchen becomes problematic. So I thought that if I carried a smartphone with a powerful camera itself, then it won’t cause any problem. It will come handy. While searching for smartphones with good camera, I narrowed down on Nokia N8 and Nokia 808 Pureview. But I am still confused which one of them to buy. Can anyone tell me how good or bad are they both when compared with each other?

Re: Nokia N8 vs. Nokia 808 Pureview

Both Nokia N8 and Nokia 808 PureView are smartphone in Candybar form. Nokia 808 PureView will have Symbian Belle as its operating system while Nokia N8 will have Symbian v3 as its operating system by default. You can later on upgrade the operating system to Symbian Anna or Symbian Belle using the Nokia POC suite to connect to Nokia’s servers. The dimensions of Nokia 808 PureView are bigger than Nokia N8. As the size is larger, so is the weight of Nokia 808 PureView is more. Nokia 808 PureView weighs 169 grams while Nokia N8 weighs 135 grams. The side keys that you will find on both smartphones are same. The side keys consist of Volume control, Camera shutter and Lock/Unlock key. You will find Nokia N8 in more colors than Nokia 808 PureView. Nokia 808 PureView is available in three colors only, which are Black, Red and White. As compared to it, Nokia N8 is available in Black, Pink, Orange, Green, Blue and Gray colors. Also the size of the screen on Nokia 808 PureView is more than Nokia N8.

The screen size of Nokia 808 PureView is 4 inches while that of Nokia N8 is of 3.5 inches. Though the size of the display for both mobiles differs, the resolution of the screen remains same, which is of 360 X 640. The density of pixels in Nokia 808 PureView is less than that of Nokia N8. In Nokia 808 PureView the pixel density is of 184 ppi while in Nokia N8 it is 210 ppi. The technology used for the display is AMOLED for both the smartphones and so is the number of colors on the display same, that is, 16 777 216. The display of the both phones support multitouch and has Light sensor, Proximity sensor and Scratch-resistant glass.

The battery life of both the phones is same, but when compared the battery life on standby mode, then Nokia 808 PureView provides more battery life over Nokia N8. The 3G talk time for both the phones is average. Nokia 808 PureView provides 3G talk time of 6.5 hours while Nokia N8 gives talk time of 5.83 hours. There is slight difference in battery of both the smartphones though they both are of Li-on type. Nokia 808 PureView has battery of capacity 1400 mAh whle Nokia N8 has battery of capacity 1200 mAh.

Both the smartphones have Single core processor but of different power. Nokia 808 PureView has processor of speed 1300 MHz and Nokia N8 has that of 680 MHz. The graphic processor of both the smartphones is same. The RAM and ROM of Nokia 808 PureView are twice powerful as compared to Nokia N8. Both the phones have 16 GB of internal storage and provide support for microSD and microSDHC. They both can support memory card up to capacity of 32 GB.

Nokia 808 PureView has an outstanding camra of 41 megapixels, while Nokia N8 has camera of 12 megapixels. The camera of Nokia 808 PureView is equipped with LED and Xenon flash while that of Nokia N8 is equipped with Xenon flash only. The aperture of Nokia 808 PureView’s camera is lower than that of Nokia N8 but focal length of both cameras is same. The camera of Nokia 808 PureView has many features like Auto focus, Touch to focus, Video stabilizer, Face detection, Exposure control, Digital zoom, Geo tagging, Scenes and Self-timer. While in Nokia N8, not all of them will be present. Both the smartphones provide video recording. You can record videos at resolution of 720p using Nokia N8 at rate of 30 fps. But in Nokia 808 PureView, you can shoot videos in resolution up to 1080p. The recording formats for video shot using Nokia 808 PureView are MPEG4, H.263 and H.264 while in Nokia N8’s video recording, H.263 format is not available.Both the smartphones have front facing VGA camera of 0.3 megapixels.

The music player of Nokia 808 PureView can play audio formats like MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WAV, RealAudio 10, AMR and MIDI while Nokia N8’s music player can only play some of these formats. The video player of Nokia 808 PureView can play video formats like MPEG4, H.263, H.264, AVI, 3GPP, RealVideo, RealVideo 10 and Flash Video. Nokia N8’s video player can only play some of these formats. Both the smartphones have FM radio, loudspeaker and slot for earphones. Nokia N8 has YouTube player while Nokia 808 PureView doesn’t.

The browser of Nokia 808 PureView supports HTML, HTML5, XHTML, WAP 2.0, Flash Lite, Javascript 1.8 and XML. The browser of Nokia N8 doesn’t support all these formats. Both the mobiles have Built-in online services support for Facebook, OVI and Twitter.

Nokia 808 PureView and Nokia N8 both have Unlimited entries, Caller groups, Multiple numbers per contact, Search by both first and last name, Picture ID and Ring ID in phonebook section. In Organizer you will find Calendar, Alarm, Document viewer, Calculator for both phones.

In Nokia N8’s organizer you will also find World Clock. The messaging of both smartphones consist of SMS, MMS, Threaded view and Predictive text input while in e-mail you will find IMAP, POP3, SMTP and Microsoft Exchange. Both the smartphones have OTA Software updates. Nokia 808 PureView supports Midp 2.1 and CLDC 1.1 in Java while Nokia N just supports Midp 2.1. Both will support Java Games and Symbian Games.

Both the smartphones can be connected to other devices using Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi and USB port. The USB port of both the smartphones is meant for MicroUSB. Both the smartphones support earphones of 3.5mm jack. Both the smartphones can be charged using microUSB and Proprietary. Nokia 808 PureView supports MicroHDMI port for connecting it to television or monitors. Similarly, Nokia N8 has miniHDMI port.

You can stream pictures and videos on larger screen using HDMI connection. Both the smartphones features Accelerometer and Compass. The3 features to utilize the voice are Voice dialing, Voice commands and Voice recording.