Poll: Which is the best among android ics and Jelly Bean ?

Thread: Ice Cream Sandwich vs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Ice Cream Sandwich vs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

I have used smartphones having Ice Cream Sandwich previously and since Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is announced I am willing to try it out as well. I have heard that Jelly Bean has been added in Google nexus so I just wanted to know if anyone has an idea about which one is faster amongst Ice Cream Sandwich and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ? What are the additional features of Jelly Bean as compared to Ice Cream Sandwich vice versa?

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich vs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Obviously Android 4.1 Jelly Bean will be faster and smoother as compared to Ice Cream Sandwich as it is an updated version of android. The developers will definitely make their best attempts to make it faster and better as compared to their previous updates. Anyways you can check out a sort video where Galaxy Nexus having Ice Cream Sandwich as well as Android 4.1 Jelly Bean are compared for their speed and smoothness. Jelly Bean is clearly winning the race, just Google out “Fast & Smooth - Android 4.1, Jelly Bean “and check out video in youtube.

As far as additional features of Jelly Bean as compared to Ice Cream Sandwich is concerned they are as followed:

Fast, smoother and buttery:
    Previously users of Ice Cream Sandwich and old version of android were complaining that they were not 'butter' smooth like iPhones. So this time jelly Bean has been made 'butter' smooth to quite a extent and one will definitely come to know about that once they get their hands on it. Jelly Bean has been made faster, smoother and buttery as compared to Ice Cream Sandwich. There are some videos regarding their comparison like the one has posted above so just check them out.

Google Now:
    Google Now is said to be first iteration of 'search without searching'. Google have mentioned that it will let us know about the weather before we start the say, about the traffic when we will leave for work, about the arriving when we will be standing on platform and so. Google Now is a very interesting feature and now it is a part of Jelly Bean.

Better keyboard:
    The keyboard capabilities have been made better with SwiftkeyX, if you are not aware of the same then I will like to inform you that SwiftkeyX is capable of guessing the next word as you type. This time Jelly Bean dictionaries are more accurate and more relevant.

New notifications:
    Jelly Bean is now leaving the iOS behind as far as notification is concerned. In smartphones having Jelly Bean one can easily expand their notifications using finger swipe. Once can now know from where you receive mails rather than knowing number of emails you receive. The best things that I personally like here is that if there is a miscall notification then we can call back that person from the notification itself rather than going back to the dialer.

Google’s Siri rival:
    Jelly Bean is not having Siri like iphones but it is having Google Voice that can perform like Siri. Sources say that google were working on the same and have made it quite better to stand as a rival for Siri. They have also revamped the 'typing by speaking' feature.

Below is the list of Android Jelly Bean 4.1 New Features:
    • Faster, Smoother, More Responsive
    • Enhanced
    • Accessibility
    • Support For International Users
    • Expandable Notifications
    • Resizeable App Widgets
    • High Resolution Contact Photos
    • Android Beam
    • Smart App Updates
    • Google Voice Search and Google Now

Half of the features have already been described here so I am continuing with the rest:

Resizeable App Widgets
    The App Widget has been improved with Android Jelly Bean 4.1; it can be resized depending on the size and one can supply separate landscape and portrait layouts for their widgets as well.

High Resolution Contact Photos
    Many people were complaining about this before but it has been finally covered up Jelly Bean. I mean one can now store their contact photos having 720 x 720 resolutions. The Applications are also capable of storing and retrieving contact photos as per the size.

Android Beam
    ICS might be aware of Android Beam but many users don’t know about it. Anyways Android Beam will make image, videos, or other payloads sharing easier using the Bluetooth. After triggering a transfer the Android Beam will hand over NFC to Bluetooth which will make the task easy.

Smart App Updates
    Receive application updates has been made better with the latest feature of Google Play on our devices. The Google Play will only deliver required bits of the application rather than getting the whole APK as update. This will make the app updates easier and lighter, in short it follows a smart app update. A smart app update is about 1/3 of the full APK update.