Poll: Which Start Menu is the best?

Thread: New Start Menu VS Classic Start Menu of Windows

New Start Menu VS Classic Start Menu of Windows

No doubt, it’s the classic start Menu that has impressed me the most. Especially the appearance of the Menu after clicking on the win icon is too cool as compared to the Classic Start Menu. It’s an obvious thing that people do always prefer the latest research and forgets the old ones and if the latest software of app is really liked by others than for sure they forget the previous one that they were using. This is what exactly happened with me. Initially I used to like the classic Start Menu but from the time I started using the new windows 7 start Menu I started disliking the Classic model but I am sure the case is not the same for everyone. I know there are lots of people who must still like the Classic Start Menu. In fact, I believe that there are people also hate the new Start Menu a lot. Anyways to get a clear picture the most liked Start Menu and to distinguish the popularity level of both the Menu I am here with a poll. Lets see which Menu is the currently the most preferred one.

Re: New Start Menu VS Classic Start Menu of Windows

I like the new look of the Start Menu. Its not because the new Start Menu looks cool or something instead I like the Menu because I like windows 7. Yes, just because I am an old user of windows 7 I got used of accessing the new Start Menu. If suppose in future the next windows OS version comes up with the Classic Menu instead of something else and if I like that OS then definitely I will have to stay with the Classic Menu. Overall I just wanted say that I do not really care about the Start Menu on a windows system but still I would vote for the new Start Menu as I am currently using it.

I know this poll is going to be useless as more and more people are going to vote for the new Menu but if people like me are still here than I am sure it could be a tough call. Anyways as you correctly predicted I am here to vote for the Classic Start Menu. Don’t know why but I still like this Menu a lot. I know the new look is too impressive but as I was an long time user of Windows 98 and 2000 I got used to the classic look. You wont believe in my current windows 7 system I am still using a Classic look. I get it too simple to use without no extra additional features into it that the current new Start Menu is possessing. No matter how many versions of Windows OS are going to come up in future I am going to use the Classis Start Menu. Simplicity is always best.
    Bethany

I guess you havent tried out new features at all. World has went on and so the people has to! You can’t stay with the old thing for a long time, at a point you will have to leave the old things back and this is what the people are doing as they are left with no other option.

Anyways my choice would be the new look. No emotional reason and not being diplomatic, firstly I liked the search box that has been included in the Menu which makes the user easy to search any program quickly with just entering few letters. I don’t think windows have got such feature in their older Start Menus. I am a quick person and like to do thing more quickly as soon as possible so this is why I prefer the new start menu. Secondly, the attractive look is the obvious answer. No other OS or windows OSs themselves can beat the look of the Start Menu that they have in windows 7. I really like it. As already said above making this poll is of no use as the new Start Menu is obviously going to be at top with a drastic difference of vote. Even then let’s see.