Poll: Antivirus Software increase your PC budget

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Do you believe that Antivirus Software increase your PC budget

Do you believe that Antivirus Software increase your PC budget

I found a small survey on web that showed, Antivirus companies are spending more on selling security software instead of working properly on security aspect. That means they are more busy in developing new kind of features to sell their product, while the security lies still on the same ground. Don't you think this companies should invest to make the web more secure. What we have today, is tons of software. This software comes with yearly license and if we talk about the actually security, it is under negligence. Instead of getting more secure, our system is addicted to such tools. They occupy a important space and even after getting the costliest security suite, still you are not 100% sure that your computer will never get infected.

Re: Do you believe that Antivirus Software increase your PC budget

This is not the job of antivirus companies. They are in the market for business. This is to some extent a important thing that must lie under the government hand. They should work to eliminate and completely blocks a number of threats. Important measure, law, etc would be enacted to avoid any future issue. I had seen a number of time that government agencies are not interested in public security. They spend a good amount on their in-house department while regular are openly expose all kinds of threats. If the government put some measure to block security related bugs so that it does not expand to other region. Antivirus companies tries hard to make best creamy products that they can product in front of people. A major part of us are not aware how the antivirus actually works. Today cyber crime is a very important branch of security which cannot be ignored. And if such threats lie openly on web they can affect anyone around us. The best are banking fraud, stock market scams, data theft, phishing site, etc. What actually matters is protecting the end users at all cost so that this kind of threat do not became a major issue.

Antivirus companies are having major benefit here. For example you heard some kind of banking fraud or virus attack on news. Suddenly what the end user does, is either they buy a new better product or upgrade the existing one. So antivirus companies get maximum juice from it.

It is not right to say that government does nothing. They too are working to block those things which spend threat. It is our mistake where we because of misery goes for free and pirated tools. This pirated tool gives a open door to your system and other system which lies in the same network. We all know that internet is a big group of interconnected computers. All computers are connected with each other in some manner. So threats are indirectly delivered from one pc to another on the basis of this pirated software. Many of us are in malpractices of using adult content, or simply click on untrusted pop-ups. The most you can do is format your computer to remove those virus, but the network on which you are is already infected. So to some extent we are too responsible. It is necessary that we carry safe practices to avoid such stuff because in future the technology will expand and so the threats. There will be people who are involved in malpractice and we should stay aware.

Antivirus is a trend today. Your system comes with default protective suit installed. That means it is your daily drug. You cannot leave without it. Antivirus is a billion dollar industry which every year generates new tools to guarantee protection. But do you thing that it is secure. To some extent I believe that this antivirus companies are responsible for threats. They might generate this malicious code on web and leave them, so that people can buy their products. I just want to say that if there is no illness then what is the use of doctor. I had tested my two systems. One was not having antivirus and one has Kaspersky. I disconnected both of them from internet for a week and found that there was no critical virus issue. I did not used any usb or external drive or mobile on them. Second when I connected both of them on internet. The first pc without antivirus remain secure unless I did not visited untrusted website, avoid downloading of free toolbar, blocked all popups, etc. I manage to run the pc proper unless I received a active x update message. After update I found the system filled with popups and so the system started getting slow. This means you are not secure at all. You do not have freedom to use a pc without antivirus on operating system like Windows. I performed the same test on Ubuntu, but still my system is working properly.

I am not sure about that. What I know that if there are no antivirus software you can face serious issue in your system. Antivirus software a need of today and you are aware that threats are still increasing. There are thousands of known virus yet found.

Antivirus companies are not really responsible for threat. The reason can vary. Virus appears in all section and because of which we get effected every now and then. For example everyone downloads something from web and some them take that from untrusted sources. Firewall is one that can be protective. If you even do not have a good antivirus, your existing firewall can prove to be stronger. You must not blame the antivirus for that. Threats keeps on improving day by day and if you use a free or outdated version of antivirus, then surely you can face issue. It is recommended that you must get a good internet security suite. Because this kind of suite comes with more additional features. This additional features are capable of giving you more improve quality output.

Antivirus increase budget for enterprise. They are the most feared one. A big investment on pc and then a bigger one on buying security software, implementing dedicated department to protect them, etc. Because we cannot keep our pc connected to internet without a security suite.