Poll: Do you like Yahoo Axis or Not

Thread: Do you like Yahoo Axis or Not

Do you like Yahoo Axis or Not

Well recently Yahoo Axis browser is released for various iOS devices such as iPhone, iPod and iPad. Apart from that, they had released extensions for all popular PC browsers. Biggest difference between newly released browser and all famous browser available in the market is that , in Axis the search results are displayed in thumbnails that are located on the top of the page. So there will not be any need to redirecting to the other webpage. Let me know about your opinion on this particular browser? Would you like to use the same? Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Do you like Yahoo Axis or Not

Essentially Axis would give you completely new way to make searches. I would like to point out the silent advantages of above mentioned browser, search result will be more faster ever it was before. It will allow you to search anything from one device to another.Before loading of pages on the browser, Axis shows all necessary information associated with targeted page. Though it is good browser but still it has some drawbacks that you would like to know. We know that said browser has support for all iOS devices, however iPhone version of Axis is suffering from the display issue. Even there are some more things in the browser that should be improved by the developer and I am hoping that they would take the appropriate action as early as possible.

I do agree that the new browser is going to change our searching habit completely. I think it should be a great experience while using the same. The thing searching is same as that of what we do on regular browser. I mean we need to simply enter keyword or link on the address bar of the browser to get the results. So working of address bar on Axis same as that of all browsers we are using.

I loved the way in which search results are being displayed on Yahoo Axis. Basically results are displayed in form of thumbnails. So in user will be able to select desired search results without having much trouble. You can also get benefit of tabbed browsing. Now you will think how to get access on Tabs? Well it is really simple, you need to click on square icon located at the bottom. Whenever you do the same thumbnail view panel would be displayed on the screen.

Though the browsers has innovative features but in terms of user interface there is something missing. I found several people who are facing bit trouble while using said browser on small screen devices such as iPhone. However I don’t think so there would be any issue while using the same on iPad. If I am not wrong, it has somewhat same functionality which are in UCBrowser, Opera, Dolphin, etc.

They simply developed an extension or we can say plugin for all desktop browser so that they could avoid competition between all available browsers. While using Axis for searching you will not found any result page rather it would display thumbnail that would show preview of the website of the search results you are looking for. This means your browsing experience should be more faster since you will need to simply tap on desire thumbnail only. This is the main feature I really liked most and that is the only reason why I am wanted to use Axis. Second factor, is that it simply sync browsing history between computer and mobile devices where Axis is installed and being used.

I don’t think so there would quick browsing experience with search results. While actually Axis on my iOS device I noticed plenty of things that I would like to share over here. I repeat Yahoo Axis does not make web browsing experience faster. In thumbnail preview images are not getting loaded at all, rather it shows some random text. So while using you need to figure what actually you are looking for. In my opinion who are quite familiar and using Yahoo from long time would like to use Axis as well. However who are not used Axis would be disappointed a lot.

There are few more things which I would like to draw your attention. The performance of Yahoo Plugins on the desktop browser is bit slow. Even though internet connection is faster enough, pages are getting load slowly. So many users are not using the same until and unless any proper fix is introduced by the developers. Multiple tab browsing is also not worth at all. All the tabs which you had opened are running under same instance that is user will not be able to perform multiple search results on different tabs. There is less usability is associated with newly released browser.