Poll: Should children be allowed to play prototype 2?

Thread: Is Prototype 2 good for children?

Is Prototype 2 good for children?

My 14 year old cousin is asking me to get the prototype 2 game for him so that he can play in his Xbox. Now I am just wondering if this game is suitable for the kids or not? That’s what I am thinking I know the game has a lot of violence in it but still violence has become common these days. If you look in the films and the various television serials then you will get to see a lot of violence in it. so a little amount of violence in the prototype 2 is somewhat ok I feel. Anyways I just want to take some opinions from you all on what do you think this kind of game is suitable for the children or not?

Do make sure you vote out over here and express your opinions as well about this. I would be happy to hear it from you all. Do reply guys.

re: Is Prototype 2 good for children?

See first of all I want to warn you that prototype 2 is a real violence game and it is not advisable for the children’s as well. You know they are not normal violence that you get to see In the televisions and all. They are deadly violence which you will get to see when you actually play the game. the blood, the killings, the big explosions and all will have some big impact to the gamers who are playing the game and also it is not advisable for the kinds to play this game, that’s why it is given a M sign whichsays matured. Anyways its you who knows the best about your cousin and hence you should decide if you want to let in the cousin play the game or not. if you ask me then I would say no because of the amount of violence and also the sexual themes in it. handling this game for a 14 year old kid would be a too much that’s what I feel. So I would say ask your cousin to stay out of this game that would be better for him/her.

I don’t agree to this person’s statements its best to leave upon the individuals whether they want the particular person to play this game or not. Did you understand. See if a person plays a game like protocol then he should understand that there would be a lot of violence in it. he might have seen this I nthe trailers and also the various gameplays of the game. so the person who would be playing this game would be aware that it consist of violence, if the person is ok with the violence theme of the game then who are you to say no to that person. If he wasn’t interested then why would he ask you to bring such game to play. A 14 year old kid is somewhat matured to play such kind of games. I think you better gift your cousin that game he would enjoy it.

Such kind of games have a lot of impacts especially on the childrens. Getting used to such kind of violence graphics is really harmful for them. So if they continue to play such kind of violence games then it would be affecting them in the future. Parents should understand this thing and they should advise their kids about their harm effects. You have done a good thing by creating a poll about this particular subject and asking us about the same.

My vote will go for no because the content of the protocol 2 is quite harmful and its not only the violence but it is the sexual themed languages that crops up in the middle of the conversation which affects the children’s if you take an example then here are some of the dialogues that are already there in the game, ‘Carson is . . . not a nutjob crackhead like most of the Gentek doctors’ words like f**k,” “sh*t,” and “c*nt are repeatedly being sued in the game. imagine your cousin getting sued to such languages. So that’s a bad impression which comes to the children and we has a elders should ensure that kind does not gets accustomed to such kind of games. I cant believe there are some people out here who are supporting this cause, why? MAN! Would you allow your kids/lil bro’s or sis to play such kind of games? I am sure your answer would be no for this.

I have played this game and that’s why I am of the advise that kinds shouldn’t be allowed to play such kind of games mainly because of the violence nature it has got in the game. I know I am repeating the words what other people have said here but that’s true and I must agree to it. if you play this game then you will get several instances wherein you will get to see the close up of the people getting crushed directly or their body parts broken into two with the help of the claws and all. So all such are un-necessary things which have got added in the game. me being a adult of 28 years found it difficult to digest such kind of scenes so imagine the plea of a 14 year old kind who would be watching all such kind of close up videos while playing the game. this game involves a lot of killing of zombies, human soldiers, and mutated creatures in melee-style combat. Through machine guns, explosives, and Heller’s superhuman abilities. As the game progresses a lot of sexual themed references are made, such as “One thing you don’t really gotta be nervous about: no sex diseases no more,” plus a lot of bad words have been passed out in the conversation. There are some conversations which I have noted down which aren’t even good to write down over here. so that’s the problem. You as a senior person should ensure that your cousin does not fall prey to such kind of antics. I hope that was pretty much clear for you.

Re: Is Prototype 2 good for children?

Good title. My four years daughter 'Sara', use to play facebook games like bubble island, bejeweled Blitz, etccc. But when i started playing Prototype, she use to sit next to me and watch the game with great interest. Later, when am not present at home, she use to play the same instead of facebook games. I dont know why she loved such a violent game.

Re: Is Prototype 2 good for children?

Nowadays most of the games consist of violent content and swear words. I know that it brings realism and is treated as art by many people. I too am one of the people who treat this violence as art. It is not some child's play to create such awesome blood and gore effects. But children don't understand much difference between reality and virtual world. they might follow the same actions and might cause harm to themselves as well as others.
    They can be given to play games that require so intelligence or can cultivate knowledge about some real world things. I mean to say that, if you have children around your house and you want to play games, one can play games like Pro Evolution Soccer. This might help children to learn football. If they try to imitate this game, then it is fine. Also games like Angry Birds which requires intelligence and do not have any violence is good for children.