Poll: which is best

Thread: HTC Titan II Vs Nokia Lumia 900?

HTC Titan II Vs Nokia Lumia 900?

Hi guys
    I need you help I am planning to get any one of the above phone but I am not able to make my decision , should I go for the HTC Titan II or the Nokia Lumia 900 . Please justify the answer I would be really glad to know this

Thanks in advance

Re: HTC Titan II Vs Nokia Lumia 900?

Strengths Lumia 900:
    • High-quality screen (AMOLED + proprietary technology nokia Clear Black)
    • Powerful Battery
    • Small size of the smartphone
    • The Nokia Brand

Strengths of the Titan II:
    • Large screen (4.7 inches)
    • High resolution camera (16 Megapixels)
    • With all the amount of weight less than 900 Lumia
    • No need for initial configuration and can operate "out of the box."

The final choice is yours only. If the choice of processor, then the Titan II higher clock speed, but Lumia 900 has been working on the next generation of processors Snapdragon. Communication standards in both the same. Both phones support LTE (4G).

AT & T will offer two new items to the recent exhibition Nokia Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II to the contract for 2 years for $ 99.99 and $ 199.99 respectively. We already know a 100% chance that the smartphone from Nokia to appear on sale March 18 at the operator. As for the Titan II, we will likely see a new product as March 18 if the road map of AT & T, . It was in March, there will be two updated WP-flagship companies and, of course, the fight between them would not be a comic. Lumia 900 shows a innovative design, the screen is 4.3 inches, and 8-megapixel camera, while the HTC Titan II a wide black Smartphone with a camera 16 megapixel and 4.7-inch screen. Both new products have a lot of goodies, such as support for LTE and screen protection Gorilla Glass.

if you are to the liking of very large displays, the Titan II will not disappoint, with its then-4.7 inches S-LCD. However, even though the Titan and wins in the size of the screen, - Lumia 900 has "only" 4.3-screen - to allow a smartphone from HTC and Nokia product is the same - 800x480 pixels, which means, Lumia 900 wins in terms of clear, images and text.

Plus, Lumia 900 wins in the "workability" of the display AMOLED and technology Clear Black - powerful arguments in favor of the Finnish device. Especially when you consider that Windows Phone just loves black, filling them to a large part of its interface. The rich black color and Window Phone work well in conjunction with each other.

No dual-core (well, much less quad) processors: the platform of Windows Phone 7 - it's still smart phones with processors in a single core. It should give credit to Microsoft, holding greedy to reduce the price of its products with all means available to the manufacturers 'iron' check and allowing the release of powerful enough for Windows Phone Last Seen on the market. Therefore, and for the speed of the Titan II with 900 Lumia should not worry.

Differ from each other 1.5GHz with 1.4GHz? We have to think, not really, but still large numbers, and inspire more, especially if you're standing in front of the counter and guess what it is that a choice of two largely identical novelties.

the weight of Titan II, strangely enough, wins on Lumia 900. Perhaps this is due to the difference in battery capacity . Both phones will not be distinguished from each other both handsets performed in a large, but not very thin form factor. Titan II lives up to its name - and it is slightly longer and slightly thicker than a sort of Nokia. In width, it is easy to see identical.

Lumia 900 is equipped with two cameras. The first, located on the rear panel has 8 megapixel resolution, a dual LED-flash and optics Carl Zeiss. This "eye", in particular, is able to record HD-video (720p) at 30 frames per second. Resolution front camera intended for video calls is 1 megapixel. Claimed battery capacity is 1850 mAh. According to the Nokia, it should suffice to 7 hours talk time and 300 hours standby time (up to 12 and a half days). New also has a port USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi module and GPS.

I've heard the Titan II will support flash and has a gyro where as the Lumia does not but supports Java. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Brettstr42 View Post
    I've heard the Titan II will support flash and has a gyro where as the Lumia does not but supports Java. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
    Even I heard that HTC Titan II supports flash but on the other hand Nokia Lumia 900 doesnt being a Windows mobile phone. You can use some web browsers like Iris Browser, which I think is the best web browser for this phone and it also supports flash player.

I wasn't aware Iris was available on the WP7 platform. I'll look for it. Anyone know if there is any truth to the Java and Gyro rumors?

I wasn't aware Iris was available on the WP7 platform. I'll look for it. Anyone know if there is any truth to the Java and Gyro rumors?
    Can you please specify in details what do you mean by gyro and java rumors exactly? Is it a software or some kind of new technology invented in the market, if you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by spyrus View Post
    Can you please specify in details what do you mean by gyro and java rumors exactly? Is it a software or some kind of new technology invented in the market, if you mean by that?
    Sorry about that. I heard that the Titan II will have a gyroscope but the Nokia will not. On the other hand, I heard that the Lumia will support the Java 2 Mobile platform (J2ME) whereas the HTC will not. One of these two is my next phone and Java, Flash, and a Gyroscope are on my list of wants. Just trying to narrow down which phone I want to go with. If anyone has any insight into the above mentioned specs on these two phones I would appreciate it.

Sorry about that. I heard that the Titan II will have a gyroscope but the Nokia will not. On the other hand, I heard that the Lumia will support the Java 2 Mobile platform (J2ME) whereas the HTC will not. One of these two is my next phone and Java, Flash, and a Gyroscope are on my list of wants. Just trying to narrow down which phone I want to go with. If anyone has any insight into the above mentioned specs on these two phones I would appreciate it.
    I would say, it is better to go with any android which is capable of upgrading to 4.0 ice cream sandwich os phone rather than nokia windows or symbian phone. Android is mixture of iphone, nokia, acer and many other brands that we see in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by spyrus View Post
    I would say, it is better to go with any android which is capable of upgrading to 4.0 ice cream sandwich os phone rather than nokia windows or symbian phone. Android is mixture of iphone, nokia, acer and many other brands that we see in the market.
    Nah. The WP7 Mobile OS is the best I've seen. Beats iOS, Symbian, and Android hands down. Battery life is better, SMS and social integration is killer, and it is faster than all get up. The only, and I mean only, thing holding it back is the app market, which I really don't care about that much. It's integration with Skydrive and MS Software cross over is fantastic. I'm sticking with one of these two phones...just trying to decide which phone. P.S. Here's a link to a full spec sheet on the Titan II showing the presence of flash, a gyroscope, and lack of Java. Not sure if it's reputable but certainly helps confirm my above rumors.