• Torrent/File Sharing Support

2 66.67%
  • Watch Online Videos

0 0%
  • Wireless Network

0 0%
  • Others

1 33.33%

Thread: What new feature you want to see on Set Top Box?

What new feature you want to see on Set Top Box?

BitTorrent will enable consumer electronics manufacturers get the power the speed of BitTorrent protocol and key downloading, transcoding, sharing and media-shifting features. By using this feature device will play BitTorrent content using simple user interface which is controlled by the 4 or 7 button remotes for televisions , DVD players. Certified devices are supposed to available for worldwide sale into retail as well as operator markets. So far Antik´s set-top box will get support for the same.

Now days Internet video consumption increasing and people are looking to get access on the internet video from a TV. NETGEAR’s Internet TV Player (ITV2000) is simple to use , connect and go set top device. It is having simple remote control which will help you to catch the videos from the internet. You can also make demand for premium video-on-demand as well as online video searches.

Wireless-N IP Set-top Box is supposed to be advanced customer premises equipment in order to deliver streaming video, audio, and IPTV from the internet. It is basically designed to meet the service provider deployment requirements for the IP-based multimedia service delivery. It will give best multimedia experience with advanced features like Video-on-Demand and IPTV. It will have support for digital audio, analog video and audio outputs and super video. There should be support for the HDMI and component outputs so that end user can get benefit of high definition video.

I wanted to know opinion of all the users regarding new features which can be implemented on STB. Vote over here if you wanted any of the above mentioned options available. If you have selected Others options then tell me what feature you are wanted to introduce over here.

Re: What new feature you want to see on Set Top Box?

I don’t want any of the above mentioned feature rather I am looking for Faster Channel switch times as well as Video conferencing.

You are right faster menu display or faster channel switching is supposed to be basic thing and it should be provided. I would like to go for Wireless network or STB should have support for Wi-Fi network. It should be able to work on all kind of the video format with 1 TB memory.

To have torrent support is totally useless and there is no need to implement that.

I will also go for wireless network as it will save lots of time and cost for me. internet connection with STB will give you number of options as Internet TV has become quite cheaper. You will be able to share the Program listings with your friend and many Internet TV will have support for video calling through Skype.

Apart from the above mentioned things it will be great if they have provided media player add-on for STB. It should provide best multimedia experience to the end users. i would also like to have Wireless network support since by using that we will be able to connect with internet as well.

I think to have torrent support would be great idea but I don’t think so it is possible since it could cause copyright issues.

If possible please give me IPTV. Another thing, STB should be universal that means you should simply change the card in order to change the service provider. It will simply reduce the E-Waste.

What is your opinion if STB would work as Wi-Fi router? If it gets happens we will be able to do Streaming from the computer. Wireless streaming between STB and Antenna and it will save lots of wire clutter. also i am hoping that it will provide support for IPTV and Video on Demand since people are searching lots of videos on the internet.