• OLED/PLED

0 0%
  • Plasma

0 0%
  • Projector

0 0%
  • Other ( What Type?)

0 0%

Thread: What type of Monitor do you use with your system ?

What type of Monitor do you use with your system ?

From the past several years I had been using the CRT which is of 17inch from Dell. Now I am changed to Led screen which is very big and also wide. I got the LG brand now and I really like the image quality in it. I didn’t like the LCD because after seeing LED monitors, I didn’t get any reason to look at LCD monitors. Now I am happy with my Brand. I am not thinking about upgrading to any other technology in the near future unless it is significantly needed. Anyway what type and size of monitor would you prefer to use for long time?

Re: What type of Monitor do you use with your system ?

Currently I am using 17-19" Dell CRTs. I like these monitors because they provide accurate colors and brightness/contrast. Everything will be available with minimal calibration. They are easily repairable even with little cost.

There are two 24″ monitors for my computer from Dell. They are recently switched from CRT to LCD. I don’t mind how much money I spent on these monitors because I need to spend much time on online or web. For that reason only I bought 2 good LCD technologies opting for IPS. With the IPS, you are able to view the image from almost any angle.
    On the other hand the TN panels offer limited viewing angles. If you are going to setup dual monitor then they are not the best choice though.

The LG brand has good prices on LCD, and now this brand has excellent displays on all LCD sizes. I recommend 32-inch LCD, for example 32LD320 (HD) or 32 LD450 (FULL HD), and that may help in open or closed. I think this is accessible and affordable because I am using both of them for my different use.

I really don’t know what kind of monitor is better for my usage because I don’t do any high end gaming or design. However I know that for those who are looking for extreme picture quality they need graphics card and Good screen combination. The good screen quality is depends on its refresh rates, and the capability to handle the FPS. I own a Samsung LCD and also a laptop. I really like the LCD screen nowadays. If I switch back to CRT again, I don’t think that it will work on it more than one hour. Now the CRTs are like old school days.

If I am going to choose a monitor then the main factor for me is screen resolution. I need at least 1920×1200 so that I can work in multiple windows simultaneously so that I can increase my productivity. For that reason I have bought the 30” Dell last year, which has 2560×1440 resolution. Some people are thinking about to get dual monitors (or triple). Many people are quite happy with that but it didn’t work for me as it is complicated for me to work in it.

Philips is certainly good in monitors. The advantage of Philips is that I have not come across a bad copy (I have already a lot or a little long coming), unlike some other brands. LG is also not bad, and have a very good service (I think). My newly bought LG LCd monitor was not working. So I called the LG people. On the next day they replaced it with a new one without asking question or whatever since I was still under Warranty.

Which monitor do you use with your computer

It seems like there is no company left making CRT monitors, as well as users are also attracting towards LCD or LEDs. But i have seen many people including as well still preferring CRT monitors for their desktops. Also we think according to the high end games releasing now a days do you think it is worth playing on CRT or should have LED monitors only ? What kind of monitor do you prefer using now days with your computer ?

Re: Which monitor do you use with your computer

Offcourse LED and LCDs are better than CRT. I am using Samsungs 22inch LED monitor with ration of 160000:1. It offers great fun while watching any HD movies or playing high end graphical games like call of duty, prototype, etc. I have played prototype 1 on my CRT monitor but compared to the LED, there was not so much of fun. So, i am using LED. And i dont think there will more than 20% users with CRT today