• WinZip

1 10.00%
  • WinRAR

3 30.00%
  • Others

2 20.00%

Thread: Which is the best Archiver

Which is the best Archiver

Hi, having a short question. I want to know which one is the best archiver from the above listed archive utilities. Please vote for your favorite archiver which you are using and also state its advantages over competition.

Regards.

Re: Which is the best Archiver

I am using 7-zip from a while and from last few years I have also use Pea-zip both the archiver offers the same speed and reliability and in terms of format supporting both 7-zip and pea-zip supports the same formats one advantage of both this archiver is that both are open source and free and there is no licensing issue as compare to WinRar and WinZip which is not free.

If you are talking about the compression then WinZip is greater than 7-zip and WinRar as it provides faster compression speed on the other hand size wise 7-zip and WinRar compression is better than WinZip but cannot compress faster than WinZip

I am using WinZip since a long time on my windows7 PC and I think this one is the best windows utility it is easy to use for file compression, sharing, encryption and data backup ,WinZip is really faster than other archivers as it save times and space WinZip compress videos 3 times faster at maximum compression and it can compressed videos 5 times faster at normal compression.

I always prefer WinRar and I think it is better than WinZip and 7-zip I always get better compression by using winRar as compare to WinZip and WinRar can offers you a practical user interface and you can easily reduce the size of the button which is really helpful to perform the basic operations for an archive such as extract,repair,test,find,etc.

I am using WinAce till now and not disappointed by the performance of this archive WinAce offers you a user friendly interface I don’t care about the time and size but the quality was good WinAce is very good in compressing videos files the compression time is not faster than WinZip WinRar but not too much long the Archive created by the WinAce is half of the size as compare to the archive created by the WinRar and even thirty times smaller than the archive created using WinZip.

I would like to prefer WinRar instead of using WinZip and 7-zip, WinZip can open and create Zip files and WinZip can open .rar files but cannot create .rar files on the other hand WinRar can open as well as can create the .Zip files WinRar can also open formats like .ace and .arj and WinZip cannot open this format there are many other formats that both WinZip and WinRar can open including .tar .gz and .iso .

My favorite archiver is 7-zip as this archive utility is open source and free to download .I like 7-zip because it is very simple and easy to use .7-zip also faster than other archive especially on a slow PC as Peazips starts very slow and the progress bar sometimes freezes. 7-zip allows the filename to hide with password

I have never used any WinZip, 7-zip, WinRar, and PeaZip, I have always used IZarc which is best for me so far. IZarc the best way to extract .zip .rar and many other Archives and it is also a free archive it supports almost all the formats and it has a modern user interface . it allows you to drag and drops from and to windows explorer and it provides you to backup files containing confidential information with password protected archives having strong AES encryption.

I am using ZipGenius archive for file compression and I think this is the best archive utility for me if you are having files wasting your hard disk then you can get your space back and reorder your files using ZipGenius ,it allows you to compress almost all kind of archive it supports more than 20 compress archive formats and it is free and very easy to use .