• Up to 4GB

1 12.50%
  • More than 4GB

5 62.50%
  • I don't prefe USB flash drive

0 0%

Thread: What USB flash drive Size you prefer

What USB flash drive Size you prefer

I am looking forward to buy USb flash drive. I know that it is a portable storage media which can be movable easily and easy carry along with you whenever you want. But there is a limitation. These flash drives does not offer huge amount of storage facility. Ok I don’t need that much. I just need it to store my few Office document files and move it from Home to Office and office to Home. So what size is better? I have above options? Does size makes any sense for Secure Data storage?

Re: What USB flash drive Size you prefer

I needed bootable USB driver for that reason i have bought 4GB for the first time. For office Docs 1 or 2 GB was enough for me. However for multimedia contents like images, songs, videos and movies… i chose 16 GB or 32GB drive.

It is true. I own 1GB, 2GB, 4Gb also 16Gb flash driver for my different needs and I don’t wanna specify them . Less than 1Gb is not sensible unless you are going to store a extremely private data like username, passwords, bank details, credit card details like that. But still more users prefer to get more than 1GB flash drive.

i am also using the 1GB flash driver for office Docs and it is enough for me. I have nearly four 1Gb drives. The reason behind this is, if the one flash drive is damaged or corrupted, you will not lose the entire data, only 1GB. The idea behind protection is to split into 2 or more different drive or make a duplicate copy of data. Then store the original on one Flash drive and duplicate copy in other drive. Like this way i can secure my data.

If there is a large amount of data then USB flash driver is not useful. I should look into the portable HDD for that. The above idea is good. Splitting data in different flash drive makes you protect some amount of data but not all. Some flash drive comes with special application which will enable password protection, data-theft security, encryption and more. You can make use of that. Security and data protection is not the big concern here. The problem is about the physical damage. So instead of storing the all data in single flash drive, either split in small size drive or make a duplicate copy in other one.