Thread: Nintendo DS vs Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo DS vs Nintendo 3DS

There is a great buzz around releasing of Nintendo 3DS. Most of the people are more focusing on this as a new generation gaming console by Nintendo. I am looking for a more indepth difference between Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS. What is the difference among them. Obviously the most common one is that DS is old and 3DS is new. And the new has much new added features, but I want to know more. I am planing to sell of my DS and get a new 3DS. The new one according to me is a hit costly but as per the features which I read it is a worth investment. Thanks.

Re: Nintendo DS vs Nintendo 3DS

3DS is simply a 3D gaming device which offers you a much realistic gameplay. It has a stereoscopic display capabilities which makes it a much better gaming console. In comparison to 3DS, DS is a very basic gaming console where you can enjoy old games. There is nothing much to define between them. The best is that you do not have 3D on DS. There is a much better upgraded hardware and a better gameplay option, wifi support, internet surfing and other software that comes in built with the console.

The first difference that I notice is the screen size. Talking about the resolution the Nintendo DS offers 256x192 and Nintendo 3DS offers 400x240 brighter resolution. So that make your gaming console much better and powerful. You can also see screen-shot of games on internet which gives you a clear indication of the screen. A higher brighter screen offers you clear display and better gameplay. And one thing which forgot to mention is that Nintendo 3DS has much more new games that you cannot play on Nintendo DS.

DS does not has a motion sensor support while Nintendo 3DS has the same. The stick offers you a better touch support and navigation. The newer the version the much better the features. In Nintendo DS most of the things are not possible while playing game while in Nintendo 3DS most of things you can pausing the game. That is due to the new firmware support in the game. Navigation has become much easier due to the dedicated keys that are provided on the gaming device.

In my views you can blindly go for Nintendo 3DS. It is not really worth comparing it with Nintendo DS. It is almost more then 6 years when DS was out and now 3DS is the latest gaming model. Nintendo 3DS is designed to provide you a much better 3D support and full of newly featured services. You can go on the official website of Nintendo and read the entire specs and information the same. I had checked the games which were on DS before and now they are released for 3DS also. There is a great difference of graphics and output.

Yes I to agree it is not really worth comparing Nintendo DS with Nintendo 3DS. This is because of vast number of differences. DS was the first type gaming device that was released and you all are ware that it is so classic. So now due to the advancement of the technology and other things, this has become much better and much better. You can see with your own eyes that Nintendo 3DS is much better console and mostly there are 3D games provides on the same. I found it is much better than PSP and iPhone just in matter of games.