Poll: Best 3g service provider for mobile phone

Thread: Vodafone 3G vs Airtel 3G vs Reliance 3G vs Tata Docomo 3G vs Bsnl 3G - For mobile phone

Vodafone 3G vs Airtel 3G vs Reliance 3G vs Tata Docomo 3G vs Bsnl 3G - For mobile phone

Hi friends,

Can anyone please tell me, what will be the best option to go for 3g for mobile phone. Previously, I tested reliance 3g on my n900 mobile phone with 98 Rs. data plan and it gave atleast 400kbps to 600kbps speed in my mobile. But from last week or so, I started getting only 50kbps to 60kbps speed on my mobile phone with the reliance 3g. So, now I am thinking to change to some other mobile service provider, that can give some good 3g speed in the mobile phone. I heard that Vodafone 3g just hit in Mumbai and it is also giving good download rate speed for mobile phone, is it true? If not then can anyone let me know which 3g service provider for mobile phone should I go for, ie, for Tata Docomo 3G or Reliance 3G or Airtel 3G or Vodafone 3G or Bsnl 3G. Thanks for any information.

Re: Vodafone 3G vs Airtel 3G vs Reliance 3G vs Tata Docomo 3G vs Bsnl 3G - For mobile phone

Yes, even I heard that Vodafone is giving surprising download rates in mumbai which is upto 400kbps to 700kbps. I just tested this on my friends mobile phone, who is having a vodafone sim card, and he was getting good speed in his mobile phone. But to his conscious, he started 3g without taking any data plan and within 2-3 minutes of surfing on the net, an amount of 300 Rs. was deducted from his mobile phone. So just think, how much Vodafone is charging for its 3g connectivity, it is way too costly I think. However, I was thinking of a way here, whether we could use 99 Rs. data plan and surf 3g on vodafone, I will test it and let you all know if it works or not.

Re: Vodafone 3G vs Airtel 3G vs Reliance 3G vs Tata Docomo 3G vs Bsnl 3G - For mobile phone

Yes I would also recommend you to go for Vodafone 3g because at the moment it is giving very good download speed, people who are living in Mumbai Area are getting 4 to 5 mbps speed, when they tested it on their mobile phone. Later on if some corrections are made, then maybe the speed may differ, but now it is enjoyable, below are the tariff plans of Vodafone 3g:

Vodafone 3G Postpaid Tariff Plans :
    Rs.100 per month – 100MB Monthly Free Data usage
    Rs.375 per month – 500MB Monthly Free Data usage
    Rs.850 per month – 3GB Monthly Free Data usage
    Rs 1,250 per month – 5GB Monthly Free Data usage
    Rs.500 per month – 500MB Free Data usage + 500 Minutes of talk time (Local + STD) + 500 SMS
    Rs.1,000 per month – 1000 MB Free Data usage + 1000 Minutes of talk time (Local + STD) + 1000 SMS

Vodafone 3G Postpaid – Mobile Broadband Plans
    Rs.650 monthly rental – 1GB Free data usage
    Rs.850 monthly rental – 3GB Free data usage
    Rs.1,250 monthly rental – 5GB Free data usage

Six Months Advanced Rental Plans – In this plan you have to pay charges of five months and you will get service for six months .
    Rs.3,250 – 1 GB per month for 6 months (saves Rs.650 )
    Rs.4,250 – 3GB per month for 6 months (saves Rs.850)
    Rs.6,250 – 5GB per month for 6 months (saves Rs.1,250)

I can see that Aircel 3g is not mentioned here, anyways, Aircel 3G has also some of the best and cheapest plans if you would like to use 3g network on your cell phone, so it will be best if you can choose Aircel or subscribe to it. But the problem is that if you want to get a good network for speedy downloads, then you will have to stay outdoors, because if you are in your home and start 3g on your aircel sim card, then you are tend to get slow download speed.

dimplethakur Guest

I have found BSNL 3G as the best and the after that is airtel..