Poll: High End Workstations

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: What is best config for High-End Dell Workstations

What is best config for High-End Dell Workstations

I want to buy a high end workstation. First I checked for a assembled build but that took my expenses too high. Later on searching on Internet I found that Dell offers a very premium resource for this. After reading the configs I found the above system for desktop support. The last one is a laptop which is also included in the list. What I need mainly is a high end system which can support graphic designing software. A core i7 is the minimum requirement. What can be the complete configuration for that. I have ample of choices but not able to determine which is the most powerful here. 64 bit operating system is most obvious choice here, but upgrade limits must also be higher. Spending some amount of money on the upgrade is also my future need.

Re: What is best config for High-End Dell Workstations

I think for a higher support Dell Precision T7500 is enough strong to deal with the same. It has two graphic cards on the board. This configuration is indeed very interesting to have a look over 4-6 screens. In addition to this the card is not compatible to CrossFire. If you do not want then you can simply sell the second card. Because this also need a upgradation for the power supply. I advise you to take a rather more high-end card like nvidia QuadroFX power. For a low end support in the same range you can go with Quadro 580. A graphic card choice is very important choice for this. So you must read the cofig in a more detailed way to get appropriate solution. For a workstation is very
    important to look a much better graphic out put support.

Dell Precision T5500 is not a bad workstation. It a system multithreaded / multitasking support and it is dedicated to financial analysis. I have the detailed system configuration of this system. It comes with Intel Xeon X5677 cpu which offers you a clock rate of 3.46GHz, 6.4GT / s, 12MB, 4C and emory running at 1333MHz. That is a really high end cpu. The cabinet is vertical standard Mini-Tower. For ram support in the current config you will get a 6GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC RDIMM ram. It will be a 3 stick of GB and it requires 64-bit operating system. The hard drive is very low on this. It offers you a 500GB SATA 3.0Gb / s Hard Drive with NCQ and 16MB DataBurst Cache. And for gpu you will get 1GB Nvidia Quadro FX3800 card. As usual you will get Windows 7 Professional 64Bit with Recovery DVD. It is a quite a great investment hat you can try out. Dell also offers you a customization option on this.

I have a Dell Precision T3500 PC and my hard drive is 500GB Serial ATA II. Since I have some students who use a photograph graphics programs on it and save a lot of photos. Till now my hard drive is full leaving 30GB of space and accordingly it has became slow. So there I will need a new storage for my system. On this I would then just save the photos to access and the search can also be faster. What I want to say that for a workstation you must have a very good storage space. If you do not opt that at the time of purchase then you will face this issue in future. I will recommend you to have atleast 1TB of space and even two hard drive if the system supports. My system comes with Intel Xeon in a single-socket workstation that will not explode your budget.

Dell offers you a very great range for the work station series. Like the Dell Precision T1500. This is the first workstation in the world built for AutoCAD. It has a very nice hardware configuration. You will get Intel Core i7 which is the high-end desktop cpu by Intel. Along with this you get ultra-performance graphics cards by AMD. The card is ATI FirePro V3750 and if you had choice for Nvidia then you will get Quadro FX 580 or NVS 295. The system runs on DDR3 memory and support dual display. You can have a hard disk of Serial ATA which gives you from 3 to 6 Gbps of data transfer rate. The box can accommodate two hard drives or 2 TB of storage in total with RAID 0 or 1. So this makes this system more powerful and a suitable config for the workstation. You can expand upto 16 GB of 64-bit ram on this and it will be channeled through non-ECC DIMMs DDR3 1333 MHz or 1066 MHz. On this it is simply possible to take full advantage of the Nehalem micro-architecture i7 processors with integrated memory controller and bus PQI that increase the available bandwidth.

For a portable workstation Dell Precision M4500 is a small and very powerful laptop. It comes with operating system Windows 7 or Windows Vista, this laptop is powered by an Intel Core or Intel Core 7 i5 supported by up to 8 GB of RAM type DDR3-1066 or DDR3 1333. It offers a display resolution 1366 x 768, 1600 x 900 or 1920 x 1080 pixels on an LCD panel backlight LED 15.6-inch powered by a chipset nVIDIA Quadro FX 880M with 1 GB dedicated video memory or NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M equipped with 1GB of dedicated video memory. Its facilities include an audio system with dual speakers, dual Gigabyte Ethernet / Wi-Fi network for 802.11n, hard drive 250 or 500 GB 7200 rpm or SSD of 64, 128 or 256 Go to store data, a DVD burner or a Blu-ray burner for data backup, drive 8-in-1 memory card and a webcam coupled with a dual microphone for videoconferencing. The Dell Precision M4500 Dell joins the family of mobile workstations, which includes the world's most powerful 17-inch mobile workstation, the Dell Precision M6500.