Poll: Best antivirus for 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best antivirus for 2010 ?

Best antivirus for 2010 ?

I am planning to buy new antivirus so i thought can anyone tell me which is the best antivirus for 2010 and at the same time if possible please mention why do you thing i should go for it ? Let us see and rate According to it.

Kaspersky Antivirus 2010 Software
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 is the most trusted virus and spyware protection - premium protection against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, bots and more. Also includes comprehensive phishing and identity theft defense and superfast performance. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 is one of the most efficient antivirus software package in the world today and boasts a great user interface with easy to use and spontaneous controls. There are no complaints about Kaspersky’s potency or ease-of-use.

NOD32 Antivirus 2010 Software
    ESET NOD32 Antivirus proactively detects and disables viruses, trojans, worms, adware, spyware, phishing, rootkits. It is being install within 1 minute and 29 seconds, and the computer was immediately ready for use - requiring no restarts after installation. It includes advanced archive scanning, access control for removable media.

AVG Antivirus 2010 Software
    AVG Antivirus has been an up and coming virus scanner since many years. Its free version is among the most downloaded files on the Internet in the Computer security system sector. AVG offers a great solution that delivers advanced protection and simple use. The menus within AVG Anti virus are identical simple and extend all the options and selective information needed to keep your system safe from Internet threats.

BitDefender antivirus 2010 software
    BitDefender Antivirus 2010 provides advanced proactive protection against viruses, spyware, phishing attacks and identity theft, without slowing down your PC. Since BitDefender is light to use it protect your computer and files. BitDefender antivirus software 2010 version is lighter on your computer. BitDefender2010 works smoothly with Windows7 version too.

Webroot Antivirus 2010 Software

Webroot AntiVirus with Spy Sweeper is the perfect virus/spyware combo. The software is easy to use, and features effective protection and performance. Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware provides award-winning protection against viruses, spyware and other malicious code. Unlike other stand-alone antivirus products, Webroot AntiVirus includes Spy Sweeper technology while offering comparable or superior protection against viruses.

Norton Antivirus 2010

I think Norton Antivirus 2010 is the best antivirus because Norton AntiVirus 2010 provides fast, responsive defense against all types of malicious software. Norton Protection System uses multiple layers of security that work together to proactively block attacks and detect and remove threats. The new Norton Protection System employs a multilayered set of security technologies that work in concert to detect, identify, and block attacks. It is still the top of its class in terms of performance. But overall, Norton AntiVirus 2010 holds a solid place in the "average" range.

Kaspersky Antivirus 2010 software

I would go with Kaspersky Antivirus because it remove all type of virus from your system and at the same time the program is able to protect you from even unknown viruses. By using the integrated Control Center in Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal. At the same time, the Kaspersky Security Network allows your computer to report when it discovers a threat that hasn't been seen before.

concreteservices Guest
    I have used avg since long. And satisfied with its performance and abilities to dodge any type of trojans,rootkits,spam etc.,I would always vouch for it. I never ever had any system crash, after I started to use avg.

You don't talk about AVAST it's best..

I recently done my MBA and now days I want to do some online Microsoft certifications and I Found this online notes is a best helping source to get online accurate information which is more helpful for my preparation.

NOD32 is the best!!! but you should update daily. Thanks

I am using AVAST and its the best ANti-virus - try it

All Antiviruse Provide Tem. Security.
    Deep Freez is The Very Usefull For your System

Use Avast anti-virus to secure your system for network security threats.

net protector is the best its indian antivirus

In the list Kasper is best but avast 5.0 also one among the best

I do not think Kasper is the best, at least, it is not work well on my PC. It makes my computer too slow to run any other programs.

Avira .............................

honestly speaking, i am suspicious of antivirus software because i think it doesn't work well for me while making my pc slow. i once used Kaspersk, but now i don't use antivirus app.

What ever happened to AVG????? A former tech friend---who so happened to set me up with this machine---told me at the time that AVG had a really high rating for getting viruses and cleaning HD better than others. I would run another program--clean results. AVG--It would seem to find something bad in results and then quarenteen. DId AVG have very high approval at one time? What do you think of MalwareBytes? I also have SuperAntiVirus too.

I currently use Avast and I think it works very well. It is always up-to-date and so far my computer has been clean. I've also used Norton but I dislike it because it is so memory heavy. It takes up too much of my processor power.

No antivirus is the best, ultimately one has to remove some viruses manually by going into safe mode and using task manager and winrar.

But among the choices given,
    NOD32 is the best

Re: Best antivirus for 2010 ?

I think that Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Internet Security 2010 is the best anti-virus package since it is reactive to both known and unknown viruses; it has a complete range of features (especially Internet Security.) With the internet Security package, not only do you get anti-virus, you also get Application Control, Proactive Defence, Anti-Spam, Anti-Phishing, Anti-Banner, and Parental Control. It is also easy to use. You can also tell it to allow you to make security decisions yourself, or for it to make them. There's password protection for settings. Updating is easy to do on a reasonably fast internet connection. You can set up scans and updates then forget them. It is simple to set up for automatic checks of USBs and other removable media. There's a Vulnerability scan so you know about any settings and programs which are risking your computer's security and either allows you to tell it to carry out the fix or it tells you what you need to do via the internet. Also, the support service is excellent. Fast response to a message to their support team, a special forum and a large quantity of information.
    I also used AVG Free for a bit, it is also brilliant. Although, I would say it's got less useful features.
    I used Norton for less than a month and it managed to utterly fail. Every time Norton was enabled, I couldn't open documents in Microsoft Office. Also, their Support Services were awful. The only way to get support that I found is through telephone, and it wasn't active when I tried.
    Last edited by Malcolm W; 23-01-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Remebered some things I wanted to put on, and to run spell check
    Malcolm W.

Kaspersky was a serious antivirus contender from last to many years, and there is no different things for this year. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 provide you a pack of a solid protection against viruses, spyware, adware, and other malware. It is having a great potential antivirus application and thiis does what it says, it provide you a great protection to your PC against virus and malware attacks.

Agree with you also i like to go with Kaspersky Antivirus because it remove all type of virus from your system and at the same time the program is able to protect you from even unknown viruses. By using the integrated Control Center in Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal. At the same time best shared hosting, the Kaspersky Security Network allows your computer to report when it discovers a threat that hasn't been seen before.

I don't think so. I once used KAsperskey and it took me hours to scan pc and slowed down my computer.

Trend Micro Is THe Best Anti Virus From All

Use It And See The Result

ThumbsUp Re: Best antivirus for 2010 ?

After trying many varying versions of Anti-Virus software (all the listed programs and many more not listed here), have finally found one that has actually been able to keep my pc clean and is not like having a second operating system constantly nagging me for attention. This being a freeware program to boot! It's "RISING" after having AVG and AVIRA run scans on my machine I tried out this unheard of program just to see if it would turn up anything or see if it is another one of those false infection programs that will cause more harm than good. Now keeping in mind that the 2 other programs found nothing after about 5 runs but I was still having some minor quirks mostly when I was networking. RISING found 13 individual virus files most of them trojans, it was able to remove all of them with only 1 restart. It then ran a DOS scan (as it will every start if you choose) and from then on it's been running in the background only popping up when it finds a virus or new media is detected (usb drive ect). Since its installation it has found or blocked over 100 objects, I also should add that I use this along with another freeware program that is slightly more popular called A-squared free. RISING gives you the ability to change many aspects of the rules and how to handle files so you won't be constantly pausing to click on false pop ups from the tray. I have no affiliation with RISING nor have I been able to explain even a small part of what it can do. I am not using my pc for anything important so I don't need to use many of the features but if you are anti virus savvy I think you will really like this program.

KAsperskey! is the best with state-of-the-art Laboratory and Anti VIrus Engines

I use Kaspersky 2010,it is comprehensive,works well and keeps my pc and browsing safe,it is very effective at preventing virus infections,and when a virus may slip through the net,it is quick to alert me and irradicate it,i used norton previously which used a lot of memory thus slowing down pc when it was scanning,with Kaspersky this does not happen.

oh.....k..thanks for the thread who started this...
    me also go for Kaspersky...

i use avira antivirus and it is the best for me.it is free and provides regular updates.

net protector is the best its indian antivirus
    min cost
    free upgarde 1 year
    file safe only clean virus not afile

MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS 2011 IS THE BEST

martinbrown Guest

In the given options I Kaspersky Antivirus 2010 would be my choice but from the last 2 years I am using Quickheal total security a great Antivirus program now i am moving from total security to quickheal internet security 2011 the updated and very strong antivirus program. For more info on Top 10 antivirus programs in you can search on internet.

Go on the AV Comparitives website and all will be revealed
    Kaspersky, Avast and Avira in my opinion

Hey Buddy you should go for a avast product its the best . See the features of avast products briefly Here
    Last edited by anantgulia; 24-07-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast