Poll: Best backup application for iphone

Thread: Best backup application for iphone

Best backup application for iphone

Hello to all,
    I have recently bought a cool new Apple iphone 3gs from the branded store. I store lot's of important information in my mobile phone. I take my mobile's backup using itunes, but it takes lot of time. I am looking for some third party application for taking backup. Can anyone tell me best backup application for iphone. I know AppBackup, AptBackup, Chronus, TimeCapsule are few backup application for iphone, but I don't know which is best. Please help me.

Re: Best backup application for iphone

Use Time Capsule to take backup of your iphone. Time Capsule is a revolutionary backup device that works wirelessly with Time Machine in Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard. It automatically backs up everything, so you never have to worry about losing your important files. Time Capsule is also a full-featured 802.11n Wi-Fi base station. It operates in the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands simultaneously and now delivers even faster performance and greater range for your Wi-Fi devices.

Use AppBackup application for backup. AppBackup is a program for the iPhone/iPod touch that lets you back up and restore the saved data and settings for your App Store apps. To back up one app, open AppBackup, select the app, and then select Backup. To restore an app, select it and then select Restore. (If there is no restore option, then it hasn't been backed up yet.) To back up all apps at once, tap All at the top-left of the screen, and select Backup.

I would recommended you to use Chronus application for your iphone. Chronus is a successor of TimeCapsule for firmware 2.x. Chronus backups and restores settings of applications on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Chronus supports backup/restore of the following default apps: Contacts, Call History, Calendar, CameraRoll, Maps (bookmarks & history), Maps (caches), Notes, Safari (bookmarks & history), SMS, Stocks, VoiceMail, Weather, Webclips, WorldClock, and YouTube (bookmarks).

I am using AptBackup for taking backup of my iphone and I think you also use it. It can do following things.
    1) Actually backup your apps or their settings
    2) Backup your springboard file placement
    3) You cannot restore a backup "whenever". It is only for restoring a backup after a fresh iTunes installation.

Use Time Capsule for your iphone. Time Capsule with Time Machine in Leopard or Snow Leopard is the ideal backup solution. But that doesn’t mean Mac OS X Tiger, Windows XP, and Windows Vista users can’t enjoy the benefits of Time Capsule, too. Because Time Capsule mounts as a wireless hard drive, Tiger and Windows users simply access Time Capsule directly from the wireless network for exchanging and storing files quickly and easily.

Use itunes to do backup your iphone. iTunes can create backups of settings and certain other information on iPhone and iPod touch. You can use a backup to restore this information to your iPhone or iPod touch after a software restore or update, or to transfer information to a different device. Backups can be deleted from iTunes using the steps below.