Poll: Which automated test tool do you use for Web Applications functionality testing?

Thread: Which automated test tool do you use for Web Applications functionality testing?

Which automated test tool do you use for Web Applications functionality testing?

An automated testing tool is very important when the testing of the Web Applications functionality are concerned. Automated tests can quickly test your application to make sure it still works correctly after the code changes were made. I am a Master and in the course of my internship I have to do a study on the various free tools (like Selenium) that test the functionality of a web application and enforcement of components capable of recording JAVA.Outil the different actions performed by a user. I want your poll so that it can help me to know the popularity of the testing tool.

Re: Which automated test tool do you use for Web Applications functionality testing?

According to me, the Selenium is not too great with Internet Explorer, So I think that using an IBM Rational Functional testing would give you the best results. It provides testers with automated testing capabilities for functional testing, regression testing, interface testing and tests based on the data. Also the main thing is that it allows testers to automate tests that are resistant to frequent changes in the user interface of an application with the technology ScriptAssure. The automated attendant for the tests based on the data increases the lifespan of tests to reuse them with multiple sets of test data.

Re: Which automated test tool do you use for Web Applications functionality testing?

If you have Selenium tests, they actually test the integration by the same occasion. On the automation of tests, whatever they may be, it should be, otherwise it serves no purpose: the developers forget to throw, and the fact that they are automated traces immediately the mistakes (and thus their causes). The automation also requires maintaining the tests. To me, a non-automated test is useless. And when the automated test tool are considered I like the OpenSTA and Selenium tests.

Even i think that Selenium is the best tool for the functionality testing of the Web Applications. According to me many testers should be using this tool widely when compared to the other testing tools. I will tell you about this extension Firefox Selenium IDE, because it is the version I use. Once the plugin is installed, go to Tools> Selenium IDE. You will have to complete lines, each line represents one share. Each action is composed of a control (click, open, check, wait ...), and a target (a URL path (xpath), or by other command), and after ordering we have chosen a field value.

Concerning the selenium test, here they are used to automate the testing of a whole series of custom JSF component. We check that the erroneous value gives many error responses, the component responds well to requests etc.. However, it should ensure that the test is not too accurate. The more you do these tests downstream, more risk you got to see changes in the structure of the page that do not impact the functionality of the application but raise problems for selenium. Otherwise Segue is also the better option. This tool is useful for functional testing and automated regression. Support for Web applications, Java, client / server enterprise.
    Last edited by Praetor; 19-05-2010 at 02:36 AM.

I have recently taken over all test tools web application using the Ruby language. Initially, I was looking for tools driving web browsers. The most promising solution was watir. The environment I'm using now is Windows Vista with Internet Explorer 7. Other browsers that I use here are Safari, SeaMonkey, Opera and Firefox. Watir is a Ruby library that drives Internet Explorer. Associated with the library of Ruby test (Test:: Unit), it also allows the web application. Watir can however be used for other automation tasks.Watir working properly on older versions of Windows like XP. There are port of watir in java with watij and C # with WatiN. The second track to use the Ruby language for testing web applications is to use the toolchain Selenium. Selenium remote control allows you to test piloting web browsers. It is not limited to a browser.