Poll: Who currenlty owns Skype?

Thread: Who currenlty owns Skype?

Who currenlty owns Skype?

There is a lot of buzz in the market currently that ebay sold off Skype to Microsoft or Yahoo, But what is the truth or what you do you think/know about it? Who currenlty owns Skype? Its still a question... Do vote and post your ideas suggestions rumors etc...

Skype's History :

Skype is a software application that allows users to make voice calls over the Internet. Calls to other users of the service and, in some countries, to free-of-charge numbers, are free, while calls to other landlines and mobile phones can be made for a fee. Additional features include instant messaging, file transfer and video conferencing.

Skype was written by Estonia-based developers Ahti Heinla, Priit Kasesalu and Jaan Tallinn, who had also originally developed Kazaa. The Skype Group, founded by Swedish-born entrepreneur Niklas Zennström and the Dane Janus Friis, has its headquarters in Luxembourg, with offices in London, Tallinn, Tartu, Stockholm, Prague, and San Jose, California.

One of the initial names for the project was "Sky peer-to-peer", which was then abbreviated to "Skyper". However, some of the domain names associated with "Skyper" were already taken. Dropping the final "r" left the current title "Skype", for which domain names were available.

Skype has experienced rapid growth in popular usage since the launch of its services. The company was acquired by eBay in September 2005 for $2.6 billion. eBay has written Skype down to $1.7 billion on its books and announced a public stock offering for 2010 to spin Skype off as a separate company. Some media outlets have characterized the proposed sale and ongoing provision of Skype as being under threat, because of a software licensing dispute with the original creators. On September 1, 2009, a group of investors led by Silver Lake bought 65% of Skype for $1.9 billion.

Re: Who currenlty owns Skype?

I think eBay hasn't sold it yet... Skype still belongs to eBay, what you guys think?

Re: Who currenlty owns Skype?

I don't think eBay completely owns Skype.
    I have read somewhere that skype is owned by multiple partners & eBayis one of them with a good amount of share.
    I don't think Skype is owned By Google, yahoo or Microsoft yet.

What you guys Think?
    IF YOU CAN'T Convince THEM ...

CONFUSE THEM ...