Poll: Which is the most stable BIOS version of Gateway Laptops

Thread: Gateway laptop vertical lines display

Gateway laptop vertical lines display

I have a Gateway MX3228 laptop. Recently the display just went crazy. It seems to happen when the computer is moved in any way. It starts out blurred and lines and then usually goes to all vertical lines in multitudes of colors. I've noticed a few people on here with the same problem, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience bugging Asus about it. Above i have also listed some of the Gateway Laptop Bios Version where you have found the vertical line problem.

Re: Gateway laptop vertical lines display

You probably got crap RAM, or you're going over the supported max amount of RAM, See if you can do a cmos reset - try a dos cmos wipe utility, or see if you can find a cmos reset jumper, move it for 10 secs and put it back where it was or open the laptop and remove the backup battery for a while then replace it.

Re: Gateway laptop vertical lines display

I am in the same boat and Gateway doesn't seem to be able to help. I purchased new memory that all say is compatible, however, I keep getting a blue screen error with a reboot; and therefore got off the live chat with Gateway again for the 4th time. They say there is no BIOS update available for my model and that they are referring this to Level 2 support who will get me an update and email me the link within 24 hrs. by the way there is power to the laptop it show the hd and dvd light flashing for a couple of seconds and if I remove the dvd drive off the laptop the light for the dvd does not work.