Poll: Which Internet Browser do You Use and why ?

Thread: Which Internet Browser do You Use

Which Internet Browser do You Use

Which Internet Browser do you use the most?

Internet Explorer
    Windows Internet Explorer (formerly Microsoft Internet Explorer; abbreviated MSIE, commonly abbreviated to IE), is a series of graphical web browsers developed by Microsoft and included as part of the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems starting in 1995. It has been the most widely used web browser since 1999, attaining a peak of about 95% usage share during 2002 and 2003 with IE5 and IE6. That percentage share has since declined in the face of renewed competition from other web browsers -- Mozilla Firefox most of all. Microsoft spent over $100 million a year on IE in the late 1990s, with over 1,000 people working on it by 1999.

The latest release is version 8.0, which is available as a free update for Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 or later, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 via Microsoft's Website.

Opera web browser
    Opera is a web browser and Internet suite developed by the Opera Software company. Opera handles common Internet-related tasks such as displaying web sites, sending and receiving e-mail messages, managing contacts, IRC online chatting, downloading files via BitTorrent, and reading web feeds. Opera is offered free of charge for personal computers and mobile phones, but for other devices it must be paid for.

Features of Opera include tabbed browsing, page zooming, mouse gestures, and an integrated download manager. Its security features include built-in phishing and malware protection, strong encryption when browsing secure web sites, and the ability to easily delete private data such as cookies and browsing history by simply clicking a button.

Mozilla Firefox
    Mozilla Firefox is a web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite and managed by Mozilla Corporation. Official versions are distributed under the terms of a proprietary EULA. Firefox had 22.05% of the recorded usage share of web browsers as of March 2009, making it the second-most popular browser in current use worldwide, after Internet Explorer.

To display web pages, Firefox uses the Gecko layout engine, which implements some current web standards plus a few features which are intended to anticipate likely additions to the standards.

Google Chrome
    Google Chrome is a web browser developed by Google and based on the WebKit layout engine and application framework. In February 2009, it had a share of 1.15% of the web browser market. It was first released as a beta version for Microsoft Windows on September 2, 2008, and the public stable release was on December 11, 2008. The name is derived from the graphical user interface frame, or "chrome", of web browsers.

Safari web browser
    Safari is a web browser developed by Apple Inc.. First released as a public beta on January 7, 2003 on the company's Mac OS X operating system, it became Apple's default browser beginning with Mac OS X v10.3, commonly known as "OS X Panther." Apple has also made Safari the native browser for the iPhone OS.

The current stable release of the browser is 3.2.1 (Macintosh) and 3.2.2 (Windows), but the Apple website more prominently displays the Safari 4 Beta, a pre-release version, for users to download.

Re: Which Internet Browser do You Use

Hey...!
    I will go with Mozilla's Firefox web browser...! It is easy to use and there are a lot of plugins and addons to play with...! Adios!

Yup absolutely!
    I thinks this is a best web browser among IE, opera & Google Chrome! Don't have any idea about Safari.
    Firefox rocks!

Even though the Firefox is best (as others says) and although everyone likes to use it because of its flexibility and safety; I like to stick with my default operating system's web browser which is Internet Explorer. I don't want any headache of downloading things unnecessarily. I likes so to stay with default software's and applications what my Windows operating system provides.

TechCombo Guest

Well, I use Google Chrome simply because I am use to it and it takes less time to load up than FF. However, I sometimes still use FF as the add-ons are brilliant especially the one with skype making life much more easier