Poll: Reliance Netconnect Broadband v/s TATA Indicom Photon USB Modem v/s BSNL EVDO DATA Card

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reliance Netconnect Broadband v/s TATA Indicom Photon USB Modem v/s BSNL EVDO DATA Card

Hello friends

What do you think which is best Reliance EVDO v/s TATA Indicom High Speed HSIA Photon USB Modem v/s BSNL EVDO ?

With Tata Indicom’s Photon High Speed Internet Access Service you now have access to internet at super fast speeds using the new USB modem.2.4 Mbps (Downlink speed).

Check this threads :

BSNL 3G Tariff plan
    BSNL 3G Data Plans
    BSNL 3G Mobile TV Tariff
    Bsnl 3G V/s Mtnl 3G

Re: Reliance Netconnect Broadband v/s TATA Indicom Photon USB Modem v/s BSNL EVDO DATA Card

Reliance BroadNet allows you to choose online, how fast you want to surf. Simply put, you can control your speeds and spends. When you connect, you get the option to choose speeds ranging from 100 kbps to 1,000 kbps (1 Mbps). If you just want to check your e-mail or chat, you can switch to a lower speed and pay less. But if you want to download video or music, you can switch to higher speeds to save time and get a unique Internet experience.

Down Re: Reliance Netconnect Broadband v/s TATA Indicom Photon USB Modem v/s BSNL EVDO DATA Card

I am not going to vote for any of them because they are all useless.
    Here's how they are all useless.
    Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ imposes a 10 GB cap on all unlimited plans which means that if you download more than 10 GB you have to pay extra 2 Rs/MB.
    Next,TATA Indicom Photon charges Rs 1500(actually 1780 together with tax) for unlimited plan and there is no Night unlimited plan or cheaper plans like Reliance Netconnect Broadband+.
    Finally,BSNL EVDO has got shared IP which prevents browsing and downloading from a lot of sites.The main problem is the upload speed.You can upload only at 5 KB/sec.

Voted for Reliance netconnect broadband plus, atleast they have lower plans for 1 GB or 2.5 GB usage which is much better for a users like me..

Well i have used both Bsnl and reliance but i think reliance service is really fine and faster then bsnl, Currently i'm using reliance broadband service which provide me 150 kbps speed unlimited use and i pay Rs. 800/month and i don't have any problem with it.

I have not used Reliance and the Tata , BSNL is what i would rely on

Re: Reliance Netconnect Broadband v/s TATA Indicom Photon USB Modem v/s BSNL EVDO DATA Card

hi friends,
    i am user of reliance netconnect, reliance netconnect is very worest. don't buy reliance. my datacardno : 9391733835. some times i am getting 3.1kbps(not 3.1mbps) maximum is 100kbps. i am complaint to customer care but no use. if any one have dout just cal to reliance customer care and check how many complaints in this datacard and they solve at least one. and billing is fraud. we know its fraud bill we can't do any thing their bill is like that. so dont buy any reliance netconnections.

Hi, I bought BSNL EVDO last week, and Now i got frustated with its speed.
    I am not able to surf internet whereas Internet is showing connected status.
    It is giving download speed as 5 to 10kb/s only. Guys if u want to buy BSNL EVDO please check it's speed first in your area, then after buy it.

Can any body tell me about BSNL 3G on mobile phone ?
    compairing with data cards ?
    what downloading speed can i achive at it?

I will be visiting India for 6 weeks and I will be on the move; (Bombay - Bangalore-Trivandrum -Trichur - Mangalore - Bombay). I won't mind paying a little more for speed and quality service (less drop in connection). (FYI, back home here, I have 20Mbps/7Mbps download/upload speed with fiber optics connection.)

Considering the travel pattern, which provider will be the best? Also which option will be best, renting or outright buy? Appreciate if you could give me an idea about wireless network card availability, speed and service in these places.

I have seen a better connectivity and coverage on reliance broadband+ as against tata photon. I have not used BSNL wireless services, but struggled on their broadband to stay away for a lifetime

Of the players, Reliance is cheap, better coverage and higher speed.

When you configure your modem for first time esure to set it to broadband + and not hybrid to get higher speed

Quote Originally Posted by srinua35 View Post
    hi friends,
    i am user of reliance netconnect, reliance netconnect is very worest. don't buy reliance. my datacardno : 9391733835. some times i am getting 3.1kbps(not 3.1mbps) maximum is 100kbps. i am complaint to customer care but no use. if any one have dout just cal to reliance customer care and check how many complaints in this datacard and they solve at least one. and billing is fraud. we know its fraud bill we can't do any thing their bill is like that. so dont buy any reliance netconnections.
    HI,

im sorry to say i thing ur really mindless person.

first you should compare the other device then advice to all. i have also used the photon+ then i shifted to reliance now im happy.
    reliance is sheeeeep and also fast.

-Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amoeeba View Post
    HI,

im sorry to say i thing ur really mindless person.

first you should compare the other device then advice to all. i have also used the photon+ then i shifted to reliance now im happy.
    reliance is sheeeeep and also fast.

-Thanks

u may be a slow speed user and may b ur just happy to get a net in ur area but reliance don't stand for there promises they say max speed of 3.1 mbps for browsing which i never reached since i starting using it, more over it wont even reach 1 mbps forget 3 and even sometimes it gets connected with 234 kbps it is worst speed u can get since ur paying that much ... it's only good to use in villages where getting connected is enough rather then speed !!!!!!!!
    it's the worst for there products !!!!

i bought last week MTNL 3g data card so called 3g jadoo, speed is extremely slow in delhi circle and maxm speed i got is 35kbps is there any solution to increase the speed or any other operator providing 3g service in new delhi

I want to buy a wireless modem with 100 to 200 kbps and with unlimited download and should be less than 500 per month please suggest me the best solution, pleaseeeee

tata photon plus vs reliance netconnect vs mts mblaze..

i shifted to delhi last month.. and i wanted a net connection for my laptop which i can use anywhere. in the delhi or outside delhi..
    the choices were few for me.
    three players were there
    1 is tata photon plus
    2 is reliance net connect
    3 mts mblaze

then i searched internet for reviews..
    some said that reliance is good and some was in favour of tata.. and the publicity of tata photon on web is very much..
    mts is a new player. and the network of mts is not as wide as tata or reliance

after reading reviews i went to mts and i found the speed was not so impressive. i opened youtube and the video buffered after 3 sec then 6 sec . seriously speed was really not up to the mark..

but i was in hurry of buying that device so i bought tata photon plus..
    and believe me its only gave me disappointment..
    the speed fluctuates.. in day time it is good but most of the time the speed is very very bad.. other big issue is the network coverage.. tata network is pathetic.

and today i bought reliance netconnect.. and i fall in love with it..
    no doubt speed is marvelous network coverage is good..

reliance netconnect plus is a sure shot winner..

and dont only go on my words. before purchasing a net device go and ask for a demo first..

i hope this review will help you
    thanks
    kshitij

Actually, the 100 to 200 kbps unlimited download speed are offered by the ISP's that you choose and every other isp like hathway or BSNL. The download speed of 100 to 200kbps that you are looking at should be at 2mbps connection, so if you go with the same then you will have to pay some amount in between 600 Rs. to 1000 Rs. from the same ISP's i think.

My experience is that even sending mails since more then one year now you will never get any satisfactory reply from any of them and all the mail ids are just for fooling and looting customers.
    But still send the mails to all the ids so that they can see the number of mails sent escalated id

I am using netconnect since one year.
    I had to take netconnect as no other ISP(other then Tata which inturn just another netconnect) is available in the area I reside.
    Netconnect is one of the worst available ISP.

My experince is that once you but netconnect you are left on the systems mercy as the customer service is filled with all nonsense bastards who do not even understand the issue before replying.

Speed promised was 3 MBPS.
    It never ever reached a speed of even 600 KBPS which fluctuates a lot from 0 to 600 kbps.
    It remains at around 150 kbps and in between you get spikes of upto 600 kbps.
    Download speed is approximately 36 kbps when broadband is enabled and when the broadband swithces to 1x speed then download speed drops to 8 kbps.

The most important thing is that their net cunsumption meter runs at a jet speed just like like Mumbai's faulty car taxi meters.
    Whatever work I do on other ISP broadband on 1 GB the same will take 5 GB on netconnect.
    Due to this the broadband of even 5 gb finishes in 10 to 15 days max.

Other ISP who have atleast 1 mpbs speed provide nearby ~900 kbps alomst constant speed.
    Other ISPs Download speed is 150 to 250 kbps in case of broadband.

On complaining they say its dependent on the number of users in that area.
    But it not so as I had been monitoring and seeing this speed since one year thought the day.
    Their system itself is designed to give restritced speed and they give excuses of number of users.

So just stop netconnect as much as possible and do not get syawed away with their marketing executive flattering who do not even pick the calls after selling the device.

Netconnect is a theif company just like its scammer boss anil ambani.

yes reliance don't respect their own promises. They do all the dirty things to irritate customers and charge unnecessarily. Some of my experiences with this service are:
    1. I used reliance netconnect postpaid in bangalore which charged too much for my uses, even when I did not use the internet for a month the bill showed 4gb of use and they took the money accordingly. this happened several times and they always bugged me over phone and finaly I left the post paid service for good, and guess what; they looted the security deposits too.

2. In guwahati when I stated using internet there was no choice but reliance(there was tata photon, but it's speed was too low for my uses and many people told me that reliance in bangalore may be bad, but good in guwahati), so I again decide to try reliance in guwahati, but I swear I just repeated my mistake .. the speed was promised to be 7.1 mbps. it was never reached in my life, the speed fluctuated too much so ther was no average speed that I can guess.. even the the speed never reached even 2mbps in it's

highest spike.. the speed sometimes became 2/3 kbps and did not change the whole day. switching between HSPA and EDGE was always frequent and in both version the speed fluctuation was terrible. it also got disconnected very frequently. so while watching you tube video I could not complete it and reload it again and again.. loosing my bandwidth..
    3. although reliance sold 1gb data to be used within 7 days problems started from the fifth day onwards, they will create some artificial problems like cutting the connection after every 1mb download or less, not giving access to the internet for 5 to 10 trials etc. the bandwidth also got finished very quickly.. (unnaturally)

so Mr. rupesh_k calling anil ambani and his employees thieves is very justified as I think..

thank you

I am happy with Tata Photon and because of which I never switched to any other wireless internet provider. I am not getting a great speed but confortable to check my emails, to chat, social networking, etc. It is nice for single use. Sometime it becomes difficult to use when my antivirus runs any update. The plan says that I might get a stable 512kbps speed, but that is really not true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast