Poll: Windows 7: Which Edition is Best For You? Which one you gonna buy?

Thread: Windows 7: Which Edition is Best For You?

Windows 7: Which Edition is Best For You?

Microsoft have announced there will be six versions of Windows 7 , I'm really waiting for windows 7 to be released. I'm in confusion which edition to buy. Please tell me which one is good and which one you gonna buy ? and why?

Here is basic description of Windows 7 editions:

1. Windows 7 Starter
      • Key features: Enhanced taskbar, Jump Lists, Windows Media Player, Backup and Restore, Action Center, Device Stage, Play To, Fax and Scan, basic games

2. Windows 7 Home Basic

• which lacks the Aero interface, will be available for sale only in emerging markets and will not legally be available for sale in the U.S., Western Europe, Japan, and other developed countries.

3. Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Key features: Aero Glass, Aero Background, Windows Touch, Home Group creation, Media Center, DVD playback and authoring, premium games

4. Windows 7 Professional
      • Key features: Domain join, Remote Desktop host, location aware printing, EFS, Mobility Center, Presentation Mode, Offline Folders, Media Center

5. Windows 7 Enterprise
      • Key features: BitLocker, BitLocker To Go, AppLocker, Direct Access, Branche Cache, MUI language packs, boot from VHD

6. Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Key features: BitLocker, BitLocker To Go, AppLocker, Direct Access, Branche Cache, MUI language packs, boot from VHD

Re: Windows 7: Which Edition is Best For You?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64... I'm too greedy...! I want all the features man..!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64... I'm too greedy...! I want all the features man..!!
    That will be bit expensive i think i'll go for Windows 7 Professional , its pefect accoeding to my needs.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

i will go for windows starter as it will provide me the essential facility i.e backup option in case anything goes wrong.