Poll: Which is the best lightweigth torrent client

Thread: Which is the best torrent client Tixati vs uTorrent

Which is the best torrent client Tixati vs uTorrent

Which torrent client among Tixati and uTorrent is better. I was using uTorrent before. It slow down the pc. I have a old XP pc which I only use for downloading purpose. I also seed some torrents. Later on installed Tixati on my laptop and I found it more faster. So I just want to know which will be better for constant usage. I am just new to Tixati. I hope there is no security issue in using it. Is there any one who is using this thing.

Re: Which is the best torrent client Tixati vs uTorrent

I think Tixati is better. It is light and has all features that are needed to download files from torrent. uTorrent is bit heavy. I do not know whenever I use uTorrent I have a virus issue in my pc. I had switched to Tixati last month and till now I am using this. It has a simple interface. uTorrent is quiet popular and many know that you are just eating up the bandwidth. Tixati is known by very few users.

If talk about the performance then Tixati is best over uTorrent. I had seen some sites that rate different torrent clients. In which Tixati gain a better score over uTorrent. The only different here is in the amount of users using this clients. uTorrent is the most widely used. That is because it is common. Also uTorrent has a malware issue. I had seen virus spread quiet easily through it. In Tixati you have the required things. Most of the major options are removed to keep it more stable and fast.

Tixati was designed for Linux before. And later on it came for Windows. It comes in the most lightweight torrent client list. The interface is very outdated. That is why many people ignore this. I started using Tixati when I found a article on most lightweight torrent client. Tixati was on the top of that list. The load time is fast and you can manage bandwidth in it with one click. It does not carry unnecessary things and uses very less system resources. Around 50MB of ram is enough to start this torrent client. It also provide you encryption feature.

Wow! I never heard of Tixati before. I am downloading it right now, hope it will get better results. I wonder if I can run bother torrent clients same time in my system??

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Jose View Post
    Wow! I never heard of Tixati before. I am downloading it right now, hope it will get better results. I wonder if I can run bother torrent clients same time in my system??
    Yes, you can run Tixati and other torrent softwares like uTorrent at the same time on your pc. You can even set the maximum upload and download speed in both the torrent clients. Personally I have been using uTorrent for many years now and it is working quite well for me.

I never heard of Tixati before ! I m using Utorrentz from quite a long period and is quite satisfied with it !! But now will surely check Tixati out after seeing it has outrunned utorrentz with such great numbers of votes !!