Poll: LCD VS Plasma, What would be your choice?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: LCD VS Plasma, What would be your choice?

LCD VS Plasma, What would be your choice?

Both types are flat-screen and off each present advantages and disadvantages. To be sure not to make the wrong choice, ask yourself a simple question: on what aspect do you investigate? A few tips to help you decide.

Plasma Screen / LCD: two distinct technologies

The LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) has filter light. It is composed of two parallel plates which are transparent. A thin layer of liquid crystal is wedged between these plates. These crystals are moving when they are crossed by electric current and then produce pixels.

The plasma screen contains & emits a gas (argon and xenon). Excited by the electric current, gas content in the cells of the screen (pixels) produces a light radiation which is then converted to reach 16 million colors.

The practical considerations

The distance from the screen
    Consider instead of the screen at home. The plasma is not in small sizes. But technology HD (high definition) can now watch a wide screen even very closely.

Duration of life and power consumption
    Between 50,000 and 60,000 hours for LCD. Between 30,000 and 50,000 hours for Plasma. Or about 6 hours for 14 years for both. The plasma technology consumes more energy (up to 20% more) to illuminate pixels on the screen compared to LCDs (high-efficiency lamps). The latest LCD devices are even considered "low consumption".

Price
    The plasma screen is still generally more expensive than LCD screen (for an equivalent size). But the gap is narrowing.

The size
    On the small screen sizes (15 to 36 inches), only LCD technology exists. Between 37 and 50 inches, both categories are present. Beyond that, there are only Plasma screens.

The image: qualities and faults

Colors / contrast / Pixel "death" / Fluidity
    The structure of plasma screens can get deep blacks: the contrasts and details emerge better on dark or light images. On the LCD, dark colours are rendered less efficient (traces of light), even if the technology improves. The plasma restores the colours of a more natural (best gradient). It also avoids the "dead pixels" that may appear in black or white on LCDs (sometimes very troublesome). The sequence of images may appear more fluid on the plasma.

The angle of view
    Important if you're not facing the screen. Plasma TVs generally offer better viewing angles. A 160 ° or 170 ° (vertical / horizontal) LCDs more distort the image that the plasma screen.

The effect of "burning"
    Such defects inherent in the plasma screen. When a static image remains too long on the screen, pixels can be altered (especially in the first 200 hours of use). This defect is irreversible and causes loss of brightness in some places. If you use your screen for video games, LCD technology is more appropriate.

Effect mirror
    The plasma screens reflect light sources outside. This defect may affect the quality of viewing.

Rendering of movement
    Somewhat deficient in LCD at first, rendering scenes hectic today is equivalent to that of plasma.

Alas, so what would you consider to buy, plasma or lcd?

I don't have time to read that all but anyways I like the Plasma very much.

Plasma is best.

The size
    On the small screen sizes (15 to 36 inches), only LCD technology exists. Between 37 and 50 inches, both categories are present. Beyond that, there are only Plasma screens.
    I like bigger so i'll go for Plasma
    Watch LATEST TECH NEWS AND TIPS to enhance your computer skills.

Knowledge is universal and must be shared by all, exchanges enrich us

Re: LCD VS Plasma, What would be your choice?

i dont know really like wot u said it depends on the size tv i am going 2 buy as there are lots of different sizes but when i buy a knew tv it will be hopefully be a 47 inch

YYYEEEYYY

I would go for LCD

ThumbsUp Re: LCD VS Plasma, What would be your choice?

lolz guys plasma was removed first or invented first for bigger screens the bad point in plasma is its get hot like CRt and to overcome to this situation LCD (liquid crystal display) was invented lcs is long durible at least 10yrs while plasma for 3yrs
    so according to me LCD is the best

LCD
    Higher brightness levels. LCD TVs are generally easier to watch than their plasma counterparts because they have a higher brightness capability. That means colors are sharper and the picture quality bolder and brighter than other technologies.
    It's plug-and-play all the way. Unlike some high-end plasma TVs and other devices, LCD TVs come equipped with tuners inside the unit. So all you need to do is plug it in and enjoy the show.